Harmony of a Hunter - The Metroid 25th Anniversary album

Darren1986

Almost there... almost there... actually, I need help making a decision (aka, go with standard or dynamic instrument). Otherwise, they're pretty much done.

Edit: Submitted my final copy of Melting Sun... but I'm not satisfied with Lone Star (aka Metroid Prime Epilogue). I've been working on it for the past month, but it's just not sounding right... it's too repetitive. I doubt I'm going to be able to complete it in a few hours time. :(

not going to get a third in - just got home from being out of town =( two is good, though!

Thanks for the confirmation, I appreciate all your support! You stood by your word of helping me out with those last few tracks, now the important vital tracks are done and completed and thank you for that.

Almost there... almost there... actually, I need help making a decision (aka, go with standard or dynamic instrument). Otherwise, they're pretty much done.

Edit: Submitted my final copy of Melting Sun... but I'm not satisfied with Lone Star (aka Metroid Prime Epilogue). I've been working on it for the past month, but it's just not sounding right... it's too repetitive. I doubt I'm going to be able to complete it in a few hours time. :(

As sad as it is to know that the track may not make it to the album, I do appreciate the fact you've been working on it, and I have no doubt people will get to hear it one way or another in the future :) So thanks!

The album cover and back cover are actually featured in the second preview at the end. I will however be posting up some artwork soon.

I never watched the second preview as I thought it was the first preview but with new art. Man, I'm so excited! :D

Should we submit our mixes to OCReMix, or will the album be remixed? Also, should we post our comments for our song(s)?

I never watched the second preview as I thought it was the first preview but with new art. Man, I'm so excited! :D

Should we submit our mixes to OCReMix, or will the album be remixed? Also, should we post our comments for our song(s)?

You mean a description of sorts, I guess you could do that when you submit it to OCR or something, I haven't had a chance to gather up all descriptions from each person and at this stage I think it might be a bit too late to get them all, I should have gathered them from the begining really.

Feel free to add it though if you want, you have my e-mail

I mean, I'm not trying to be an asshole, but thats not what this forum is supposed to do. The Recruit thread is supposed to recruit people, not be homesteads for project threads that aren't ocremix.

I'm also not trying to minimod, but stuff like this drives me nuts, especially when other smaller threads have done this and been commented on by moderation. No hate to anyone on here, I just can't figure out why this topic is allowed to homestead here when others have not.

I do believe we are still submitting this as an official OverClocked ReMix album. Whether the judges accept it or not is another issue entirely. Regardless, if the album is not accepted, we still plan to release it through Shinesparkers.net in time for Metroid's 25th Anniversary. ShineSparkers did start the life of this project after all, and have organized everything up to this point.

I do believe we are still submitting this as an official OverClocked ReMix album. Whether the judges accept it or not is another issue entirely. Regardless, if the album is not accepted, we still plan to release it through Shinesparkers.net in time for Metroid's 25th Anniversary. ShineSparkers did start the life of this project after all, and have organized everything up to this point.
Important notice:

Some websites have been reporting that this is an official OCR album and crediting OCRemix as the website releasing this. This is NOT the case currently, as we have yet to determine whether or not this will be accepted as an official OCR album. The album was organised here on OCR but was never intended to be an official release for the website, merely a platform to organise things. The album is currently going to be released through Shinesparkers (www.shinesparkers.net) our Metroid fan website.

First post.

Some websites have been reporting that this is an official OCR album and crediting OCRemix as the website releasing this. This is NOT the case currently, as we have yet to determine whether or not this will be accepted as an official OCR album. The album was organised here on OCR but was never intended to be an official release for the website, merely a platform to organise things. The album is currently going to be released through Shinesparkers (www.shinesparkers.net) our Metroid fan website.

I read the first post.

I mean, I'm not trying to be an asshole, but thats not what this forum is supposed to do.

Yet it seems to have done, don't you think? :D

Also, it's still up in the air as to whether this is an official album or not, i'm not sure if i'm happy with OCR getting all the credit for this when it was put together by a range of talent from all areas, including not just OCR. Whatever happens though, it will be released on the 7th of August, the day after the anniversary.

Thanks for the support guys, continue to spread the word!

i'm not sure if i'm happy with OCR getting all the credit for this when it was put together by a range of talent from all areas, including not just OCR.

So's the case with many of the albums - lots of duels names and other folks on some of them, random outside ppl from youtube and newgrounds and wherever. I don't think Larry and the others are gonna claim ocr did this one all by itself. :P

I mean, I'm not trying to be an asshole, but thats not what this forum is supposed to do. The Recruit thread is supposed to recruit people, not be homesteads for project threads that aren't ocremix.

I'm also not trying to minimod, but stuff like this drives me nuts, especially when other smaller threads have done this and been commented on by moderation. No hate to anyone on here, I just can't figure out why this topic is allowed to homestead here when others have not.

it hasn't been commented on because it's not attempting to be an official project. nuff said.

also, you've been unbanned for what - two weeks? and you're already being an arse about stuff again? :<

it hasn't been commented on because it's not attempting to be an official project. nuff said.

also, you've been unbanned for what - two weeks? and you're already being an arse about stuff again? :<

A. He wasn't banned, he left ocr. I made him come back.

B. It's a legitimate question. Maybe mods didn't think the thread was hogging the recruit/collab forum with discussion and updates, or maybe they didn't notice/care. Or it was still just a recruitment thread. Idunno, I'd have expected it to have been moved to the remix board.

C. Since when does it matter if it's trying to be an official ocr project?

Well back when I first made this thread, some people didn't even think we could achieve the goal and make a great album (You know who you are, me and everyone involved laugh at you now). I guess it wasn't taken seriously. It was never meant to be an OCR project, the forum was merely a platform to recruit people. It was a worthy decision. Most of this organisation has been done through e-mail and i've worked with each person individually.

We did good people, we did good..

Neither was the Dynamite Headdy project (it was never official and as far as I know has no intention to be,) and that got locked right quick until Mokram begged for it to be reopened. Official status or not, every project thread in this forum is supposed to abide by the same rules. I have to question why this gets a free pass and other unofficial project threads have been locked down previously.