Harmony of a Hunter - The Metroid 25th Anniversary album

Darren1986

If I understand correctly, the website and album work is all complete. I could be wrong though.

I do have one more idea though: We COULD release the album through ShineSparkers on August 7th... and release it on OverClocked ReMix at a later date. Both parties win. Then again, that might start to complicate things.

Why would anyone download the release from OCR if they were already able to get the entire album in its completed state from Shinesparks months before?

I just feel like it's unfair to both communities to have their work not released via their community. Then again, if both communities are just happy with the album being released, I suppose it doesn't matter.

It's not unfair. You're thinking too hard about this. OCR and Shinesparks are not two continents divided by a vast ocean. They are two websites on the internet. You make a hyperlink from one to the other. Easy.

As long as we don't get into a great big fight about who did what, I'm pretty happy with whatever happens. Worst comes to worst, the album gets released via ShineSparkers, and those who want to hear their work on OverClocked ReMix, submit it to them as an individual piece.

Um...they would have to submit their tracks to OCR to get posted anyway. Remix albums released by OCR aren't technically OC ReMixes, they're just part of an OC ReMix album.

Darkesword is entirely correct on thigs one Pyro Paper Planes, I understand your feelings on trying to get the album on OCR for maximum promotion and I appreciate it. However, no one will download an album that is already released on another website, and quite rightly so.

I also understand completely how much effort it is to get an official project and on reflection, I don't even think i'd have had time to sort all of this out, it's been a great learning experience for me to actually understand the process of putting these things together and they take a lot of time and effort. I also would have felt bad jumping the cue when there's other albums out there waiting to be released, my deadline was non negotiable so I would have only accepted an official release if it was out on the 7th August as planned.

I appreciate any and all help OCR gives to promote this album and individually, there are some great tracks that I hope OCR themselves would want to feature. Zircon, Darkesword, Mazedude, VikingGuitar, Stemage...massive names and massive talents that we're very lucky to have had the support of. I thank them for not shrugging this project off as a failure from the very start. They gave us a chance and I hope this just goes to prove to anyone else making an album that these people are approachable, and if you have a good idea and a passion for it to work, it will.

What the hell? DarkeSword's posts were NOT there when I posted both previous posts. Weeird.

Anyway, I totally agree with all points said. :D

In other news, while I am unsure at this point whether it will be accepted (due to missing the deadline), Lone Star IS complete.

So, back to the discussion of Metroid! :D

What's your favourite utility/weapon in the Metroid series?

I find it humorous that right after I've finished both pieces, OS-X Lion and Play V3 comes out. While I admit that using V.0 of software is generally a bad idea (and that Lion would probably not have contributed to my work), Play V3 FINALLY supports 64-bit drivers with OS-X. This helps with the overloading issues immensely, especially seeing how my system has 14GB of RAM. Oh well.

Finally, it's a shame to see no love for Lower Maridia (ESPECIALLY as that was the song I was initially working on before I realized it was taken). I shall see if I can come up with a mini version of the song or something some time this year.

• 2 weeks later...

The landing page for Harmony of a Hunter is now live, has everything you need to know:

www.shinesparkers.net/harmonyofahunter

I will probably refrain from making any further updates here, but I just want to thank everyone for getting involved in this project, it's turned out absolutely fantastic! A great example of what can be achieved in just 8 months!

I do have one more idea though: We COULD release the album through ShineSparkers on August 7th... and release it on OverClocked ReMix at a later date. Both parties win. Then again, that might start to complicate things. I just feel like it's unfair to both communities to have their work not released via their community. Then again, if both communities are just happy with the album being released, I suppose it doesn't matter.

As long as we don't get into a great big fight about who did what, I'm pretty happy with whatever happens. Worst comes to worst, the album gets released via ShineSparkers, and those who want to hear their work on OverClocked ReMix, submit it to them as an individual piece.

The problem is that YouTubers, like me, are on board and those YouTubers do not care about OCR standards and requirements (just their own), e.g. that a tone at second 25 is one hue too loud... Which is a NO criteria here on OCR. ;)

That is the big problem of OCRemix. It is overflooded by rules and way too nitpicky with tracks. Good quality needs time and effort - of course - but it is a bit extreme here. Due to this fact, the judges cannot keep up with their time and new projects have to be pushed far away in the time schedule because they have to analyse the tracks second by second. It must be a very stressful job, I honestly do not envy you guys. :D

Just my opinion on that. Please do not take it too seriously.

Darren, it was a big pleasure to work with you. I hope we will work together again soon. I hope everyone had fun doing the tracks for this album. It is worth listening to. Every track is special. You guys working on this project are special. I'm proud to get the change to be part of this project and to have some tracks on an album alongside with the big and great OCRemix artists.

Let's make this album a sleeper hit. I will promote it on my YouTube channel from the release date (today) on. Your server will be doomed, Darren. :D

The problem is that YouTubers, like me, are on board and those YouTubers do not care about OCR standards and requirements (just their own), e.g. that a tone at second 25 is one hue too loud... Which is a NO criteria here on OCR. ;)

That is the big problem of OCRemix. It is overflooded by rules and way too nitpicky with tracks. Good quality needs time and effort - of course - but it is a bit extreme here. Due to this fact, the judges cannot keep up with their time and new projects have to be pushed far away in the time schedule because they have to analyse the tracks second by second. It must be a very stressful job, I honestly do not envy you guys. :D

Just my opinion on that. Please do not take it too seriously.

Darren, it was a big pleasure to work with you. I hope we will work together again soon. I hope everyone had fun doing the tracks for this album. It is worth listening to. Every track is special. You guys working on this project are special. I'm proud to get the change to be part of this project and to have some tracks on an album alongside with the big and great OCRemix artists.

Let's make this album a sleeper hit. I will promote it on my YouTube channel from the release date (today) on. Your server will be doomed, Darren. :D

I have to agree in a way, now that I've heard the album. I LOVE it, it has this special vibe. It feels like an anniversary album. :3

I'll talk more in the morning, after I've had a little rest.

Aries, you've been whining about ocr's totally über-draconian standards since page one of this thread. Either you're being deaf to your own flaws or buying into someone else's deafness. In any case, get over it. OCR isn't for everyone. Considering how fail-y the production on my first posted mix is, I can tell you don't know what you're talking about, but if you still wanna whine about it, do it on your youtube channel with your youtube friends who all put notes a hue too loud at second 25 and all get rejected from ocr for it. :P

Or just grow up. Your choice. ;)

-

I have this downloaded. Now to find some time to take to _really_ listen. My favorite game series, with some of my favorite tracks, remixed. This deserves more than a passing listen. Looking forward to it. :)

I second that this was a fun project to work on, and Darren was very cool through the whole process; checked in enough without being annoying about things, was open to diversity and unusual genres, and did a great job keeping us all in the loop. The end result, a pretty awesome end product. The tracks that didn't grab me the first time around are starting to grow on me, and I really enjoy the wide variety of styles. This also marks my first Metroid Prime remix to be heard, so... enjoy. :)