New Soul Calibur OFFICIAL!

DiGi Valentine

So, most people wake up Christmas Day and open presents. I wake up on Christmas Day and find Harada-san tweeting about a new Soul Calibur in development.

All official, man! All official. Link to said news is here.

A dude called Daishi is heading the project, you can follow all the latest developments here at his twitter.

Yeeeaaaah!!!! Now let's make a Soul Calibur ReMix album up in here! XD

Amazingly, the VA who voiced ivy from SC3 onwards is the same who voiced Lucas in Brawl and Waffle Ryebread in Tail Concerto. Either she's just that good, or VA work is hard to come by.

My bet is the person who did motion capture for Ivy is probably just a dude with two water balloons taped to his chest. (The true definition of jiggle physics.)

A wonder how large Ivy's tits are going to be this time. I figure she'll just be a set of enormous knockers with a tuft of hair sticking up from behind them, two little hands on their sides, and two feet below them.

It's sad, but probably true....

There was rumor that 4 would have had Lord Of The Rings characters instead of Star Wars.

Namco should really just include a bunch of their own characters as guest stars. Prince of the Cosmos could wield various Katamaris, for example.

But Lord of the Rings would definitely fit the medieval fantasy style of the game. Aragorn, Gandalf, Eowyn, and Sauron, maybe?

Namco should really just include a bunch of their own characters as guest stars. Prince of the Cosmos could wield various Katamaris, for example.

But Lord of the Rings would definitely fit the medieval fantasy style of the game. Aragorn, Gandalf, Eowyn, and Sauron, maybe?

Drop Eowyn for Legolas and you have a lineup that'd be hellish. As much as i'd love to see them add Gimli they learned that lesson with Yoda. (who got banned in multiplayer tournaments) Who might have been the single most broken SC character EVER.

The questions for Gandalf and Sauron would be how much of their spellbooks would be in play. I cant see much being viable. If it were me i'd do Aragorn, Witchking, Legolas, and the Uruk Leader from two towers.

okay as ludicrous as that sounds it would be pretty fucking amazing

I know, but as I said, it was only a rumor I had heard. I feel it would have fit better than Star Wars anyways. And they could have had several locations from the films...

For some reason, I think LOTR purists would have been pissed off about it.

How about the return of Weapon Master Mode, eh? That tower crap can go die a grisly death for all I care.

Other than that, a return to SC2's gameplay would be for the best. And more character creation.

I am content with this being just a HD version of Soul Calibur 2.

Series went downhill after it.

balance

gameplay

dignity with the characters

all out the window

no guys see Aragorn works because he is the hero and Boromir works because replace the ring with Soul Edge and his motivations can stay exactly the same

everyone else is much too extraneous

im actually willing to put money on this happening if they drop that lotr characters are joining for this installment