SW:TOR trooper revealed!

Hyperion5182

the game is larger than every other bioware game, ever, combined.

every single NPC is uniquely voiced by a different person.

it's an mmo about star wars. galaxies sucked and still got a zillion players.

supposedly at least 60 hours of primary content at release.

they've taken everything awesome about the kotor games, and turned it into something that's viable online.

anyone else want to add something?

How involved is George Lucas in this project?

No. But seriously, I want this game to be good. But I just have this huge nagging doubt about it that won't go away. So I'll wait until after its out and confirmed to be awesome to build a new rig for it.

well, kotor 1 was great, and kotor 2 (considering that it was released, what, ten months after the first?) was pretty darn awesome too. they've been working on TOR for years already, so i'm sure it's going to be incredible. bioware's got some pretty good experience making awesome games, all told.

How involved is George Lucas in this project?

No. But seriously, I want this game to be good. But I just have this huge nagging doubt about it that won't go away. So I'll wait until after its out and confirmed to be awesome to build a new rig for it.

Contrary to popular belief, George Lucas is rarely involved in any Expanded Universe Star Wars product. He's responsible for the movies, consulted a bit on the story for the first Force Unleashed game, and has a hand in the Clone Wars cartoon. Aside from that, the storylines for the endless myriad of novels, comics, and video games are left up to the respective authors/writers, with oversight provided by Lucas Licensing, a division of LucasFilm.

All you need to know about Star Wars: The Old Republic is that it's a Star Wars RPG made by BioWare. If you've played KotOR or Mass Effect, you know that BioWare knows how to make a space-RPG.

I got the impression from what I've heard that its going to be more "single player" than any other mmo out there...

almost. it's going to be buddy gaming - 2-3 player missions, most of the time. guild wars tried this with the nightfall and later campaigns that allow you to get extra guys that you control - like, each person controls a main character and three lesser henchmen, allowing two people to fill out an 8-man party.

i like this progression, since it means you can play with a single buddy and still get most of the game. better than trying to get a huge PUG and then get stuck with losers.