The Grammar Club Presents: MC Horse Rides Again!

suzumebachi

Merry Christmas!

The Grammar Club presents...

MC Horse Rides Again!

horsecover.jpg

[Track List]

MC Horse Rides Again!

1. Suck My Wallet

2. Breaking Up with Bret

3. Super Girls 'N Ghosts

4. Dance, You Motherfuckers

5. Normal

6. A Team by Myself

7. No Homo

8. Unemployment

9. Stop Plate Tectonics

10. Crashing Cars and Awarding Stars

MC Horse Rides Again! was produced by Shael Riley, Beefy, Ailsean, Mustin, JigginJonT, C64, Adam!, Ricky Henry, Suzumebachi, and several varieties of Dan Wilkes.

Thank you for listening.

I really want to like this one, but... it's just so much meaner than the original. Like, I realize there was stuff on album one that I didn't like, like Post Collegiate Shuffle and the like, but on this ones I can only think of "Breaking up with Bret" and "No Homo" that I really enjoyed... the rest are kind of "eh".

Around the time of the first album, I was just out of school and unemployed, so that track was kinda my anthem for a while, heh.

I've downloaded the album but haven't listened yet, I'll give my opinions after I do. I am excited though that the talent on this album is far and away larger than the first album.

Okay. Let's see. I'm on the second spin, and so far my favorite tracks are Normal, No Homo, Unemployment and Stop Plate Tectonics. All ten tracks are loaded and full of bells and whistles.

The album is a bit darker than the last one, which was upbeat with a few serious numbers, whereas this one is a lot darker overall. While not all of the songs are as immediate and grabbing on those on the first album (like the classic My Gay Shirt), they are more expansive and the tracks really standout from each other.

I applaud you guys for branching out and expanding your sound instead of doing more of the same. I can tell this is one of those grow on you albums where my list of favorite tracks will shift. The transitions are great and it's cool that some of the songs keep on rocking after the vocals quit.

A very good album, and since it's free I gotta say that anyone who skips it is doing a great disservice to themselves.

Got a question though - Is "A Team By Myself" inspired by NIN?

Don't see how anyone could dislike this fine work, but I sure as heck am digging it. Great job Shael, Beefy, Mustin and crew. More please.

Around the time of the first album, I was just out of school and unemployed, so that track was kinda my anthem for a while, heh.

I've downloaded the album but haven't listened yet, I'll give my opinions after I do. I am excited though that the talent on this album is far and away larger than the first album.

Haha, that's pretty much the same reason I DON'T like Post Collegiate Shuffle, I was only a year from finishing school (now graduated and happily employed), and knew lots of people who were quite pleased already after graduation. So it was pretty much my antithesis; when I'd listen to Bremelanotide, I'd skip over it and pretty much just listen to My Gay Shirt, Bank Holiday, the Balloon Fight remix, and the Code Monkey cover.

I am noticing a significant lack of wrestling references in this new album. This bothers me.