OCR02152 - Christmas NiGHTS into dreams... "Winter NiGHTS (Hey, Dreamer)"

djpretzel

I love the opening sleigh bells. The ambiance of the opening feels very warm. Then you have those slick arps with the bass.

I had never heard vocals in a Level 99 mix before so I was really surprised by it. The vocals sound pretty awesome. I can tell you are enjoying playing with your new vocal plugin!

The synth solo is extremely festive.

Love the multi- layered vocals at the end. I hope to hear more vocal mixes from you Stevo!

Awesome stuff Stevo. I'd say it's a pretty big improvement on the previous version of this track!

Love your vocals in here man, and all your little synth arps are absolutely divine. This is could be one of my favourite mixes of yours, dude. Of course, I'm totally partial to the source material, so there may be a little bias in there :D

Your totally right dude... definitely not enough Saturn ReMixes on the site. Saturn gaming was awesome, because it was part of that strange little period of time where most games had their OST's on the actual discs in the Redbook audio format.

Moar Sega Saturn Mixes Plz.

Ah, a nice Winter ReMix for the end of the year. The lyrics are really good for getting the point across, and Stevo's voice is actually pretty good! It does have that 70's vibe to it, and it really seems to just fit the mood and vocals of the song. I really enjoy the whole echoing "Hey Dreamer" bit at the end. Awesome stuff, Stevo.

Level 99 sings? A surprise, and as it turns out, a pleasant one. The vocals aren't mindblowing, but they're good enough that they work for the remix. The lyrics are pretty sweet, too.

Personally, I think the layered vocal stuff at the end is a little over the top, but after listening to the remix repeatedly, it doesn't bother me as much as I first thought it would.

• 3 weeks later...

This is such a beautiful remix, man! Auto top-5 on my playlist. :)

But it's been bugging me since the first time I heard it. I've never played Christmas Nights, but that melody sounds really, REALLY familiar to me somehow. I ca--

Oh, I found it. It sounds an awful lot like the World Map music from Donkey Kong Country 3. Either a weird coincidence or someone got really inspired? I dunno.

BUT WHATEVER. This is awesome. Thank you for mixing it. :)

• 1 year later...

OK, for the last three years this has been part of the soundtrack of my life. I've shared this with my friends (quote, "Durty is changing my life with this music"), and I think it's both exemplary of the best OCR has to offer, and proof that the experiment that OCR started can yield rich, tasty, and rewarding fruit.

OK, it's not even just the best that OCR has, but the best that my ears have the option of listening to. This should be on the radio. All the radios.

Do more like this, please. (Sorry it took me so may years to post Xp)

• 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02152 - Christmas NiGHTS into dreams... "Winter NiGHTS (Hey, Dreamer)"