OCR01283 - Dance Dance Revolution Solo 2000 "Dazed & Destroyed"

djpretzel

Good job Beatdrop, yet another awesome track created. You did one of my favorite OCR releases- House Hornet (MMX3). Yes, yes, yes.

This remix of Hysteria is a welcome thing to return to- one of my most disliked DDR tracks turned into a nicely mixed piece of audio that I would be honoured to have grace my $20 speakers and subwoofer. (They were a backup set that never got replaced by expensive ones.)

This song differed from most of your songs though in the fact that it didn't have too much bass. In fact, it had too little. It really could use a bass boost. Not that I don't have Winamp EQ set up to cover that error.

According to my "friend", I can't critique your music because I can't read music. Man, she's so arrogant and conceited. Heh. I'll leave now.

Ok, I'm pretty sure Hysteria is from DDR Solo and NOT DDR 4th Mix. That being said I think that this mix is totally AWXOME with a captital X! It's way better than the remix Naoki did, Hysteria 2001. And DJ Kiyobi K., I hope the steps are better too. :wink: I love the rapping parts, and the interpritation of the melody. Great usage of filtering in some parts, makes it seem like some parts are coming out of a DDR machine with broken speakers, but with extra subwoofers added! Or maybe a low-fi AM broadcast. So yeah, it's really loud. Not "I'm-Pumping-It-At-Max-Volume" loud, more like "My-Mix-Is-Louder-Than-Yours" loud, just like how the producers in pop studios compress their mixes. Anyway, it's still the best Hysteria mix on the site! :P

just a lil' sneak peek at the simfile, the steps are practically insane. It progresses to a stream of half-beat steps into freezes into quarter combos. only for the pro's! ;)

I do plan to make easier steps to go along with this, but for the moment, when I finish the hard steps, I'll upload it.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Good lyrics, nicely performed. I'm not crazy about the production on the first verse, it's much harder to make out. I'm not sure why it changed from one verse to the next, anyways. The 'robot' voice for the few words works, however.

I agree with it being mixed too high. I'm expecting a lot more bass out of this, but perhaps I'm too used to the 'typical' setup for a rap song?

Anyways, good job by Beatdrop and MC Mouse.

• 1 year later...

A really creative take on the source, I've DDRed to this track a ton, but never would have imagined it like this. Nice production, and MC Mouse the Mighty is excellent. Great diction and flow, and the original stuff he did at the end was incredible. Interesting take on EQing the track to sound like the OST stuff, this'd sound perfect on the actual machine.

Excellent work. :-)

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01283 - Dance Dance Revolution Solo 2000 "Dazed & Destroyed"