TFU 2: Once again Lucas, you show how you've failed me.

Wacky

Remember how I showed a couple of clips from Force Unleashed 1 that managed to show how even in our cynical, jaded age, you could get a decent romance out of a Star Wars story?

for reference.

I remember really liking Starkiller and Juno Eclipse's romance, because it was pretty low key and yet incredibly heroic. As The Girl did tell me, "What girl doesn't want to be the muse for a man's redemption from evil and the cause of an galactic rebellion against an evil empire?" While perhaps painting my sig. other in a rather negative light, that's sorta true. But for some reason, the two have a chemistry that isn't replicated by flesh and blood actors.

Well guess what!

Force Unleashed 2, while sorta shittier than 1 (You can't really improve on 1's story in the way Mass Effect or Baldur's Gate could- you already know what's happened...) still doesn't make me retch when Sam Witwer and Nathalie Cox emote to each other...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMaBaB3wOsQ

Like seriously, the words are just as lame and stupid as anything from a prequel trilogy movie:

Starkiller: "I shoulda stayed here." [sob]

Juno: ... "We're alive?"

Yet somehow it's still moving, and you understand exactly why they said that, and still better, that they love each other.

GEORGE LUCAS WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO FOR THE PAST TEN YEARS

PS: Dislike Juno Eclipse's face second time around- it's much more individual in 1 whereas here she's just cookie cutter cute.

okay let me try again

i hate women british accents

especially fake pretentious ones.

Nathalie Cox is either:

1. English (Born there)

2. Australian (High School)

so any British accent is an unfortunate by-product of her youth and is thus excusable (If we remember that there's an Australian accent which Americans almost never hear that sounds VERY upper class English to an American; think Cate Blanchett or Geoffrey Rush.)

George Lucas rarely has any involvement with the stories in any Expanded Universe material. He consulted a bit on the PREMISE of the first TFU game (the concept of Vader having a secret apprentice), but he likely doesn't even know who Juno Eclipse is.

Books, comics, and games are basically controlled by their respective writers, with oversight provided by Lucas Licensing. Lucas has a hand in guiding the Clone Wars TV show, but even then, there are the actual writers.

Also, threads about video games belong in community.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone remember the most terrifying Star Wars sequence from anywhere?

There are two which come to mind. The first is in Irvin Kirshner's movie, with the Wampa. Ironically, because Lucas couldn't show the goddamn thing the way he wanted so he was forced into doing a good shot requiring us to imagine this horror sneaking up on Luke.

The second... the bit when Shaak Ti and her two apprentices are running for their goddamn lives from General Grievous (Shitty shitty name, might I add.) It's basically The Terminator but these are against people who would take the terminator and trash it, armed with the finest close combat weapons ever devised anywhere, real or imaginary. They're running and totally terrified and you feel their terror mounting as these things keep coming to kill them and there's nothing they can do about it...

That's from a cartoon.

LUCAS CAN'T DO ANYTHING EXCEPT SPEND MONEY ON POINTLESS CGI

Also TFU is a terrible game with a dumb story.

Not gainsaying that at all. Unleashed 2 is a terrible story- at least 1 fits and you know, kills off Starkiller.

But isn't it strange that even CGI people and voice actors can pull off a more convincing performance than flesh and blood actors in front of a Greenscreen they can't see half the time? No wonder they seem so wooden.

Not contesting that. Just saying. Starkiller has nothing on Horn.

Also TFU is a terrible game with a dumb story.

Eh, Horn got pretty bad, but at least he's had interesting stories told about him where his (admittedly few) downsides bit him in the ass (i.e. I, Jedi). Starkiller got to be Vader's LEET SEKRIT APPRENTICE who could beat him and Palpatine, and founded the Rebellion, and throw Star Destroyers around with little effort.

Honestly, I think I'm just sick of the power creep that Jedi got. They went from "can move fighters, with difficulty" to "WHEEE LET'S FLING ARMADAS!"

Also, speaking from the point of view of someone who's actually trained some in swordsmanship: that reverse-grip he uses is DUMB. It's a terrible stance for offensive maneuvers and is nothing but a liability. Dual-wielding reverse-grip is even worse.

Honestly, I think I'm just sick of the power creep that Jedi got. They went from "can move fighters, with difficulty" to "WHEEE LET'S FLING ARMADAS!"

Also, speaking from the point of view of someone who's actually trained some in swordsmanship: that reverse-grip he uses is DUMB. It's a terrible stance for offensive maneuvers and is nothing but a liability. Dual-wielding reverse-grip is even worse.

It looked cool to Lucasarts....