TFU 2: Once again Lucas, you show how you've failed me.

Wacky

Eh, Horn got pretty bad, but at least he's had interesting stories told about him where his (admittedly few) downsides bit him in the ass (i.e. I, Jedi). Starkiller got to be Vader's LEET SEKRIT APPRENTICE who could beat him and Palpatine, and founded the Rebellion, and throw Star Destroyers around with little effort

No, my point about Horn is that for a long time he was a Luke Skywalker clone. Rogue Squadron pilot with an R2 unit sidekick, whose father was a Jedi, etc. etc. etc. It felt like one of those Sonic fan-characters; you know, those hedgehogs who ALSO ran at super speed? JUST LIKE SONIC!!!~1`

Aside from that, Stackpole's a great author. I've read his non-SW stuff; quite good.

And yes I agree with you about Starkiller. A ridiculously stupid character with no redeeming qualities aside from the fact that his name is the original hero's name in the earliest drafts of Star Wars.

Also, speaking from the point of view of someone who's actually trained some in swordsmanship: that reverse-grip he uses is DUMB. It's a terrible stance for offensive maneuvers and is nothing but a liability. Dual-wielding reverse-grip is even worse.

From what I know of swordsmanship and knife fighting, a reverse grip is actually a defensive stance since you want to keep the blade closer to your body and under more control.

If anything you'd think Jedi would use it a lot more than Sith.

From what I know of swordsmanship and knife fighting, a reverse grip is actually a defensive stance since you want to keep the blade closer to your body and under more control.

If anything you'd think Jedi would use it a lot more than Sith.

Exactly. Starkiller using it to willy-nilly hack to pieces other melee fighters is... irksome.

BURN THE HERETICS. THRAWN 4 LIFE.

Also I don't know if Will even worked on the game, but I read it as "Once again Lukas, you show how you've failed me" and I lol'd.

Yeah, he worked extensively on both. Which is why it's not really nice of people here to be shitting on the game so hard. Keep in mind that developers sometimes have no say in scheduling and can be forced to make a AAA title in an impossibly small length of time.