OCR01284 - Soukaigi "Aftershock"

djpretzel

• 1 month later...

After listening to the source, I must say I admire how the melody hidden behind the beats and within the vocals has been brought to the fore. Here, thanks to the glistening, glittering synths, cherubic bells, and fading pads, its tone becomes nectar-sweet. The sensitive strings and the bass drum can be a little overbearing sometimes, but it's nothing major. Due to how most elements don't linger on any one note, as well as how the arrangement evolves, I'm kept in a perpetual state of wanting more, eagerly awaiting the next second/section, even during repeated listens.

Spellbinding.

• 5 months later...

Melodically this one doesn't grab me as much as some others on the site, but rhythmically and harmonically, this one is completely amazing. Great use of subtle stuff like accents and delays. Nice builds, constantly shifting parts, and some excellent percussion parts make this one really stand out.

Excellent work, this mix is superb.

• 11 months later...

Oh wow, probably my favorite intro from Ziwtra here. I love the ambiance it creates. Then the percolating/quick drums underneath. The juxtaposition is simply fantastic. I agree with OA as this is not the most melodic piece we've heard from Mr. Hahn, but my goodness, I'm diggin this something fierce! There is a wonderful balance of fast and frantic movement that is offset perfectly by slow moving chords and pads. The kick deserves some notable praise here. This is really one of the first tracks we've heard where Youngjin really makes a full effort to give it more presence in the mix and I'm liking it! I love that low lead synth. The Jazz fusion drums with the glitch drums is too cool for school! Very nice!

• 3 years later...

Really difficult to describe the enjoyment I get out of this ReMix. It's like something I can leave on for hours and never get bored of. The electronica sound is evenly paced and well-energized to give it enough of a kick to keep the interest, but it's not so overbearing that it requires attention. Pretty good piece, I liked it.

• 2 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01284 - Soukaigi "Aftershock"