Golden Sun Rising

Mathazzar

Hi everyone!

I've been gone too long and I'm still working on catching up with listening to all the fantastic new mixes that have popped up, but in the spirit of contribution I wanted to share my latest track with you as well.

I'm a huge fan of the Golden Sun series, so in honour of the new DS sequel I decided to put together a quick little arrangement of my two favourite themes from the original games (the main theme and Venus Lighthouse). I'm not submitting this to the judges because I'm fairly certain it would be rejected — it's really not so much a remix as a faithful tribute, so I didn't take many liberties with the original material.

Nevertheless, I wanted to share it with the world's best community of game music appreciators, so have a look if you like and feel free to leave me your thoughts:

Golden Sun Rising

Thank you and enjoy! :)

You definitley know how to make your orchestral samples sound realistic. Production wise there doesn't seem to be anything wrong here at all but as you say, its not a remix (don't know the originals so I'll take your word for it). Great work anyway and I see no reason you wouldn't be accepted if you changed up the arrangemnt so its less like the originals.

Thank you very much, Vidilian!

I appreciate your vote of confidence. :) This track wasn't necessarily intended for submission here so much as just a little exercise for personal fulfillment, but if I ever do some more work with the Golden Sun series I'll make it more of an arrangement than a tribute piece and then toss it to the judges.

Thanks again for leaving your thoughts!