Comic books!

Sixto

I don't always read comic books but recently I read a issue of Sonic Universe and I have a few Simpsons comics. I'm not sure if I got rid of them or not but I think I have some Futerama comics stored somwhere. And if manga counts I recently read some Shonen Jump. I also have volume one of Dragonball.

The entirety of my Marvel reading is confined to the Ultimate line, which I enjoy immensely.

No Avengers vs. X-Men, huh? I hadn't been following the mainline Marvel continuity that closely until the X-Sanction miniseries. Then I was intrigued. AvX is panning out quite nicely so far.

Speaking of Archie, their recent Mega Man comic is also worth a look. While still following the art style, plot, and characterization of Mega Man, the book expands on ideas and ethnics of robotics while still remaining light-hearted. For example, in this month's issue (#13), Dr. Light and another character engage in a five-page debate on whether or not emotional attachment should be allowed towards advanced intelligence and the concept of a machine having a soul. It's well written, with neither Dr. Light nor the other professor in the debate being seen as having a wrong opinion. The question is left up to the reader to decide who they think is right. That's pretty deep stuff for a video game tie-in kids' comic.

The Archie Mega Man series is top notch. They don't take many liberties with the source material. It just expands on the source material, like you said. Anyone who likes the Mega Man video games will like the comics.

No Avengers vs. X-Men, huh? I hadn't been following the mainline Marvel continuity that closely until the X-Sanction miniseries. Then I was intrigued. AvX is panning out quite nicely so far.

I buy a majority of DC's currently published ongoings. I have neither the time, the money, nor the inclination to follow another huge superhero universe. I know that if I start buying Marvel events, I'll buy Marvel ongoings. It's a slippery slope that I'm not interested in going down. The Ultimate line is more manageable in that there are only three ongoing books, and it's all much more cohesive and tightly constructed. That said, $3.99 price-points on 32pg books prevents me from actually buying Ultimate books monthly; I buy the hardcover collections for cheap on Amazon.

I buy a majority of DC's currently published ongoings. I have neither the time, the money, nor the inclination to follow another huge superhero universe.

Same here.

I know that if I start buying Marvel events, I'll buy Marvel ongoings. It's a slippery slope that I'm not interested in going down.

I really hope this doesn't happen to me.

I buy the hardcover collections for cheap on Amazon.

Good strategy

I recently picked up a copy of The incredible hulk: silent screams hardback.

For the unaware it details from when Bruce went from the gray hulk back to the green hulk, and that each one is a separate personality fighting for dominance and control of Bruce's body

needless to say i read about this stories years ago and have only now had a chance to read it and it blew me away my favourite scene has to be where the green hulk forces his way out through of bruces body http://users.zoominternet.net/~ultron4898/Hulk372mine.jpg

Incredible.

Ooh, I'll probably be buying this.

Oh yeah, I have a couple issues of the whole grey hulk thing:

I never did understand what the deal with that was. Anyone wanna give the cliffnotes version?

basically the gray hulk was his teenage lust for money, women and that kinda thing which later became a personality of its own much like the green hulk was his childhood rage at being abused

http://www.incrediblehulkonline.com/greyhulk.html this webpage will explain it better then i ever could.

Oddly enough, my favorite is actually Kang the Conqueror. I love the various twists and turns his life takes as a time traveler, and I also love the dynamic of his constantly creating new timelines from his time traveling schemes which in turn create multiples of himself, and then each of the multiples trying to kill each other because they each believe they are the "real" Kang and should be the only one. I also really like the dynamic involved when his future self, Immortus, constantly attempts to turn Kang into him so that he will eventually exist, while Kang hates and never wants to become Immortus and fights against him.

Aside from Kang, I really like Thanos, and I like Lex Luthor when he is in his "evil businessman" form, but not when he is portrayed as simply a mad scientist-type.