Donation

Godah

Hi, I just wanted to say that I have donated right now 7 dollars to OCRemix. You are lucky that I'm from Spain, since my 5,40 euros are actually 7 dollars!

I was just curious about the sum you have reached so far, and I also wanted to state that OCRemix is perhaps the best source of video games I have ever found. You are always creating masterpieces, arranged albums, etc. Keep up the good work!

I seldom post around here, so forgive me if I mistook some subforums.

Hi, I just wanted to say that I have donated right now 7 dollars to OCRemix. You are lucky that I'm from Spain, since my 5,40 euros are actually 7 dollars!

I was just curious about the sum you have reached so far, and I also wanted to state that OCRemix is perhaps the best source of video games I have ever found. You are always creating masterpieces, arranged albums, etc. Keep up the good work!

I seldom post around here, so forgive me if I mistook some subforums.

Thanks, I saw that!

We actually haven't gotten a lot of donations lately, mostly due to the economy I guess. We went two whole months, in October and November, without a single donation, then two today and one like a week ago. All funds go towards operation and promotion of the site. Our usual expenses total around $300 a month, when all is said and done, which at the moment is being covered by both donations and ad money. We don't have a specific target in mind, generally speaking, other than covering costs, but every April we do a "Support OCR Month" fundraiser, and sometimes we'll set a target for those.

2011 should be a big year, and we may incur some additional expenses depending on how plans go, so we appreciate the support, and as always, we'll do our best!

Omg $300 a month?! I donated back in March after I realised I'd been listening to nothing but OCReMixes for months... had no idea it costs that much per month though. Speaks volumes about the community that a site that is completely fan-driven continues to provide such quality for free, and everyone involved should be tremendously proud.

$300 a month? That sounds about right, with server payments as well as all that hosting stuff. Still a hefty bill- at least for us non-working types (not by choice!).

Considering the penny-pinching air about the last year or so, no extra change to spare is pretty predictable.

Just out of curiosity, how many donations on average did you receive when the economy was good? It would be really interesting (albeit sad) to see how things have progress.

Best of wishes to everyone and OCR, hopefully things will turn around and get better for everyone in the world in 2011. These days feel too grim.

Just out of curiosity, how many donations on average did you receive when the economy was good? It would be really interesting (albeit sad) to see how things have progress.

Best of wishes to everyone and OCR, hopefully things will turn around and get better for everyone in the world in 2011. These days feel too grim.

Two Aprils ago, we met the goal of over $5000 in donations for the Support OCR month drive, but those months aren't exactly typical months.

Dave probably could say more on more typical donation patterns.

Two Aprils ago, we met the goal of over $5000 in donations for the Support OCR month drive, but those months aren't exactly typical months.

I'd imagine that the patterns changed when BGC started the April fundraising month also. I know that a bunch of people (myself included) now just make a yearly donation in April each year.

300$ per month, that's a lot of money, but I understand that, since a laaarge number of songs are hosted in servers where downloads are really swift, so I'd rather say that all people who has listened to any OCRemix should be extrmely grateful for the quality (both technical and artistic) of the songs and the fact they are free.

This donation-method reminds me of churches where assitants collaborate every Sunday :grin: It is nice to see that people round here can self-sustain their community.

I have to say, as kind of "ambassador", that your OC remixes are very well known (and appreciated) among Spanish hardcore-gamers.

What a mess, by the way, to see the latest response on the top, whilst in Spanish forums is the other way around. I'm not used to American forums, shit. :mrgreen:

PD: Oh, that Wild Arms banner has made become aware of this new project you people are working with! Things like this make me feel so happy with OC!