OCR are constantly influencing, challenging and learning from each

other. In particular, I'd like to give a shoutout to two classic

tracks that influenced this mix: the peerless big beat of tefnek &

zircon's Waste Water Wipeout [2] and the lo-fi infectious groove in

Fragments of Gold [3] by beej.

This mix takes the original and gives it the lo-fi symphony treatment

with some attitude.

yh

Lots of good things going on here. The arrangement is very recognizable as the source, but definitely with your own take to it. The drums and bass add that attitude you mentioned, and the rest stays in that more expansive (but lo-fi)orchestral setting. Not a set of sounds I would have expected to work as well as it does, so I was pleasantly surprised at that. Things get just a tad repetitive feeling towards the end, but it's not that big of an issue.

As I mentioned above, the sounds were kind of surprising, but enjoyable to listen to. Balance is good, and as far as I can tell the drums sound fine compared to the track (which was one of the issues brought up in the previous judgement.

Sounds good, YES

Drums fit the rhythms and patterns a lot better this time around, and the track feels a lot more cohesive to me as a result. The lo-fi samples are charming, and the arrangement choices are as always the strong point of Ziwtra's work. The panning is a little more controlled for headphones this time around, and the bass that comes in around the halfway point is fantastic.

This addresses all of the issues I had with the first submission, and I think sees the song through to it's full potential. Very nice work. :-)

Yes

• 1 month later...

Classyful. Vionyliny. Trumpetulent. These are all made up words I would use to describe this mix.

I wouldn't even know where to start making some of these transitions and effects. They are here aplenty but done well enough that they aren't getting old. The sounds mesh surprisingly well and the both suit the theme.

The vinyl crackle was a little irksome but it's not an omnipresent issue and it's stylistically fitting so it doesn't bother me enough to make an issue of it.

I will however say that you have selected the most boring name in the history of OCR. It's like you've taken sophisticated pinup and named her Bob.

YES

I like one-word titles, so just ignore Mister Fishy.

I don't remember the last version too well, but the beat is definitely not plodding anymore, as I found the last version to be, according to my vote. Now it's quite groovin'. The arrangement was also gelling pretty well, so whatever you changed worked. Snare could've been fatter, but the snappiness was sweet and did the job. I think I would have liked this more with chopped-up high-quality samples, instead of SNES/PS era samples, but the articulations are good, the effects are ballin', and this is a pass.

YES