Final Fantasy: Type-O (wtf is it thread)

Brandon Strader

500x_type0.jpg

Final Fantasy: Type O

WTF Is It?

Discuss thoughts, predictions as to what this could be...

Countdown thread go!

http://kotaku.com/5721163/what-is-final-fantasy-type+0

Google it and there's a plethora of sites with the press release asking WTF IS THIS?? Now we have our own...!?

To edit in my own little thought here, I think it would be awesome if they actually made "Final Fantasy 0" which explains why there's all these different worlds with different adventurers and stories that are somehow linked..

I think it would be awesome if they actually made "Final Fantasy 0" which explains why there's all these different worlds with different adventurers and stories that are somehow linked..

I seriously hope it's nothing like this, I'm so sick of Square Enix doing 'by the way' sort of story telling, where they just add on plot points that are totally unnecessary and clearly not part of of the original plot, i.e. Dissidia's plot, FFIV: The After years, and every part of the FFVII sequels/prequels they've done to death.

Maybe they realized how much their last few games sucked and decided to just go back to simpler graphics, plots, characters and battle systems. Retro-reboot?

That or a completely unrelated series that just used the Final Fantasy name for no reason other than to get the SE fanboys in on it... like all the other Final Fantasy games.

OH! OH! I got it! It's called Type-O, right? Type-Os are considered sociable and optimistic. Maybe it's a new online thing. Sociable, social, they're kind of like the same thing. Maybe in their wacky Japanesey minds, this makes sense. It's a new online game.

Also, type-Os are considered vain and arrogant, sort of like how SE acts sometimes.

I really hope this game is shitty, because for most people it will be the last straw and everyone will finally realize how awful Square has been the past few years and they will have to kick it back into gear and stop making awful games again.

Maybe they realized how much their last few games sucked and decided to just go back to simpler graphics, plots, characters and battle systems. Retro-reboot?

This would be amazing. But considering the kind of content Squenix has been pumping out for the last few years, this is a pipe dream. :(