Final Fantasy: Type-O (wtf is it thread)

Brandon Strader

actually, no. i'm not gonna leave that alone.

person: FF12 was mediocre, FF13 and FF14 are pretty bad

NO

Can't say my hopes are high for this project.

THEY

Every time I hear "Square Enix" Lately they seem to push the "Could be worse" bar even higher.

DID

I really hope this game is shitty, because for most people it will be the last straw and everyone will finally realize how awful Square has been the past few years and they will have to kick it back into gear and stop making awful games again.

NOT

Maybe they realized how much their last few games sucked and decided to just go back to simpler graphics, plots, characters and battle systems. Retro-reboot?

That or a completely unrelated series that just used the Final Fantasy name for no reason other than to get the SE fanboys in on it... like all the other Final Fantasy games.

OH! OH! I got it! It's called Type-O, right? Type-Os are considered sociable and optimistic. Maybe it's a new online thing. Sociable, social, they're kind of like the same thing. Maybe in their wacky Japanesey minds, this makes sense. It's a new online game.

Also, type-Os are considered vain and arrogant, sort of like how SE acts sometimes.

SAY

15 was too high a number so they've decided to head backwards now.

Bring on Final Fantasy -7.

THAT

Another disappointment.

JESUS

oh and

15 was too high a number so they've decided to head backwards now.

Bring on Final Fantasy -7.

yes, chimpanzees on harley davidsons. IN HD!!!! that's exactly what i want!

person: FF12 was mediocre, FF13 and FF14 are pretty bad

relyance: JEEZ SURE IS JADED AND CYNICAL JACKASSES IN HERE GUYS PAY ATTENTION TO ME

12 wasn't great, 13 is fun and the battle system is entertaining and 14 is probably pretty bad its an mmo for crying out loud

but im still pretty sure that you people just need 2d sprites with no character so you can give them your own because your imaginations do much better than the best production values assloads of money can buy

there is nothing glaringly wrong with XIII and the production values are excellent, though the script has its bad moments where the translators just gave up and decided to just give us the direct translation. maybe i'll hate the ending but as of chapter 11 everything's been fun and entertaining and making new parties/seeing what works together has been a lot of fun, its not broken or imbalanced and there's plenty of variety in how you can choose to go about battling, unlike several other games of this nature recently. and i mean shit, wasn't it FF3 that had the completely broken job combo of ninja/sage/ninja/sage? and all you people seem to think that game shit rainbows and unicorns

the sheer number of people here that are just like "lol final fantasy" is either a) a testament to how punk-rock cool it is to be part of a counterculture, or in this case a countercounterculture cuz final fantasy isn't mainstream cool to begin with B) a testament to how many gaming snobs there are who aren't concerned with anything more than the next braid to come out of the 'truly creative' minds of the indie scene or c) proof of how few people in here played the games, ESPECIALLY XIII

like, you don't have to think its spectacular by any stretch of the imagination but to call any of the recent FFs (online bs aside) garbage or terrible is ridiculous.

edit: also damned how do you call an ENTIRE COMPANY vain and arrogant they make games they don't fucking come to your house and shit on your mom while she sleeps. being recognized for making games that millions of people enjoy does not make you arrogant or vain, it makes you good at what you do

something everyone here seems to be missing on

I like when people argue that your thoughts about a thing are a product of counter culture

"bleck it is absolutely impossible that you think ff13 wasn't good because I think it is good and therefore you are just trying to be cool by hating good things"

derrit how about you pick up your sippy cup and sit down beside your PS3 and just hold UP until you're at the final boss of ff13 and then press x about one hundred times to win instead of wasting precious internet space with your rambling nonsense

also

PAY ATTENTION TO ME

etc

derrit how about you pick up your sippy cup and sit down beside your PS3 and just hold UP until you're at the final boss of ff13 and then press x about one hundred times to win instead of wasting precious internet space with your rambling nonsense

i smell an angry fanboy!

dammit I forgot to make the comment in my first post that square have been worthless jerk-offs ever since they broke up with nintendo

even more so now they got back together and had sloppy make-up sex

now writing that just seems tacky and unoriginal

edit: also damned how do you call an ENTIRE COMPANY vain and arrogant they make games they don't fucking come to your house and shit on your mom while she sleeps. being recognized for making games that millions of people enjoy does not make you arrogant or vain, it makes you good at what you do

I fail to see how "vain and arrogant" translates to "shitting on someone's family member while sleeping". That's one hell of an escalation you've got going there.

OK, honestly, I do find them a bit full of themselves. They have the gall to constantly spend all that time and money on a series that has been, let's be frank here, riding on it past titles. You and many others may have liked their later games, but there are just as many that didn't. Remember, just because you liked it, doesn't mean everyone else did. It cuts both ways, after all.

They have all this money and talent and instead of making something new and different, they spend it on games that people are only buying because it's yet another FF title. If they released any of the last five or six FF games without "Final Fantasy" as the title, can you honestly say that those games would have done so well? Can you? Sadly, there's no way to tell without some sort of alternate reality machine to show us a world where they did release them as independent titles. I wish we could see what kind of difference it would make.

To make it worse, even their own people are seeing how things are going. Hell, there are members of the Japanese developers community that have outright said that the industry is dying because of all the big-budget titles stifling themselves. And SE seems to have no problem doing it until they fuck everyone, including themselves, over.

Every once in a while, I feel like the only one around here who actually enjoyed FF XII.

Then feel like that no longer, because I actually did enjoy XII quite a bit. I'll admit it wasn't perfect, and that I had to stop for a while because of the grinding. But the story was awesome, the combat was a lot of fun, and the ending was a suitable one.

Also, have to side with Relyance on this one. A lot of us are pretty jaded about games, and while it's okay to have a different view, it really seems like we always devolve into pointless troll arguments.

TL;DR:

XII was cool, bleck is doing his thing so ignore him, give new (possibly old) stuff a chance people.