Paid, long-term part time gig: Looking for a tech support/customer service rep

zircon

I'm looking for someone to help run the customer service/tech support end of Impact Soundworks. Basically, we get a handful of tech support emails per week (usually no more than 10), the vast majority of which are very easy to respond to. Typically, it's people who need their download links re-activated, or have a compatibility question, or something else already answered by our FAQ. I've been doing it myself for years but I'd rather devote my time to working on new libraries and developing ISW as a whole.

Here's what the job would entail:

* Checking the tech support email once every 24-48 hours.

* Responding to any emails that you know the answer to.

* For certain emails, logging into the ISW secure e-Junkie account to reactivate download links.

* Forwarding me any emails that you DON'T know the answer to.

Responding to a single email should take no more than 5 minutes, and as I said, we typically don't get more than 10 emails a week, even during busy times, and often a lot less.

What I need from you:

* Assurance that you can do this for at least a few months.

* Ability to check the tech support mail every 24-48 hours or so.

* Secure connection. This is a must. No logging into our secure email/account from a Starbucks, please!

What you'll get:

* Training. Not that you'll need much; like I said, most questions are really simple.

* $75/month. Not bad for a couple hours of extra work per month (and potentially less.) Sent straight to your PayPal account on the day of your choice, automated, with any PP fees covered.

* Alternatively, at your request, twice that much in ISW products (so $150 in ISW libraries per month.)

* Assurance that if our volume of tech support emails starts rising and stays high, you'll get paid more to compensate.

Plus, if you're interested in doing more for the company, I'm sure I can find more work for you, such as helping out with promotion, advertising, web stuff, etc.

Example Tech Support Emails

Q. "My hard drive crashed and I need new download links."

A. Check our email for their name/email, which will pull up their transaction ID. Go to our eJunkie account, type it in and click "Reactivate."

Q. "The RAR is corrupt."

A. Verify that they are only extracting the first downloaded RAR; all other files extract automatically. If this isn't the problem, tell them to check the file sizes on our FAQ page - they most likely have an incomplete download and need their links reactivated.

Q. "How do I open these files?"

A. WinRAR on PC, UnRARX on Mac.

Q. "The library is showing up as a demo."

A. You need the full version of Kontakt to use our libraries. However, Kontakt is a really good value, allows you to use libraries from other indie devs, etc.

Q. "Do you have tips for using Shreddage?"

A. Check the product manual PDF for tips and tricks. You can also read up on threads in our official forums.

Q. "Do you do EDU discounts?"

A. Yes, 20% off, but you must provide a scan of your student or faculty ID.

That's 95% of it right there.

Wow, didn't think I'd get so much interest!

Such a simple setup that nearly everybody here would have the unique experience in having some idea of what they're talking about due to our shared background and being able to help you with? Of course you'd get a crazy amount of interest. XD

I'd have said something to, but let's face it, I can be pretty lazy. I didn't want that to be a problem.

Such a simple setup that nearly everybody here would have the unique experience in having some idea of what they're talking about due to our shared background and being able to help you with? Of course you'd get a crazy amount of interest. XD

I think he just didn't have anything else to say :P I mean, really? $75/month for checking e-mails rather than dealing on the phone with people plus the option for sound libraries? How could you NOT expect the entire forum to jump at that.

Also, I have interest in future openings when the time arises. Obviously.

I think he just didn't have anything else to say :P I mean, really? $75/month for checking e-mails rather than dealing on the phone with people plus the option for sound libraries? How could you NOT expect the entire forum to jump at that.

Also, I have interest in future openings when the time arises. Obviously.

I can tell you one thing, if this was posted in the proper recruitment subforum, I doubt as many people would have seen it. :-P