OCR00434 - Street Fighter II "Spicy Curry"

Ginnsu

Street Fighter II 'Spicy Curry'

I love ethnic cultural sounds, especially when successfully mixed with instruments that have electronic feel to them. This mix pleases me into a state of contentment, and then beyond right into a state of excitement. The vocal stabs are amazing, and the drum rhythms so complex and involving I can barely keep track of it. This mix is so involved it’s like you find something new in it every time you listen to it. *Bows before the Pretzel.* Feed my soul more of this mouth watering, perfectly spiced delicacy.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I am super digging that flute at the beginning, and the synth line that cuts in about halfway. The percussion is great as well, and the sitar is good. There is definitely a lot going on in this mix, and it lends it self well to repeated listenings. Though I never thought much about the original track, this brings out it's strengths well, and adds a newer flavor (lol food pun) in the form of some sweet synths. A unique, standout track.

Haha holy crap this is crazy. This song sounds like how I feel after eating curry. 8O

...This is pretty insane for back in 01. All the synth choices, plus the crazy rythms...golden. The vocals in the background really are a nice addition. All the ethnic instruments really are a nice touch, and they are tastefully and intelligently used in the right places.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I like the source a lot, and the sounds are cool ('specially the sitar) and make sense given the source. This is one of the ones where it feels like djp is just trying something different, and in this case I think there were parts that didn't work out as well (the shouts aren't necessarily a bad idea but they come off kinda corny here). Still it's worth a listen, and I think what's here is a fun little mix that's executed pretty well.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00434 - Street Fighter II "Spicy Curry"