Sonic Colors 'Aquarium Park' ...more

NegimaSonic

There's a lot of music from the new Sonic games that I'd love to see remixes for but my current fascination are the Asian inspired ones like in Aquarium Park (from Sonic Colors) and Chun-Nan (from Sonic Unleashed)

Source: (they're not 15 minutes long, but its been looped to appear that way)

Aquarium Park Act 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKGTTiQO13o&feature=related

Aquarium Park Map

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaE_6wdEghI&feature=related

I included those just to show the different ways this track can be taken.

And this is Chun Nan

And if someone was just bored, I wonder what someone from here could do. Perhaps a medley that changes tempo throughout the song like its changing acts. Or perhaps a combination of say Chun Nan night with Aquarium Park map (I'm not sure if that would work but if it did, I think it would sound cool).

As for genre, I have no particular requests. Any kind is fine I guess. Some people have even written lyrics for Aquarium Part Act 1 (in the comments) if someone wanted to try singing to it.

Well that's all I've got really.

• 4 months later...

Just passing by with a bump. Someone had started on one (for Aquarium Park) but doesn't appear like they have had time to finish for now.

There's still Chun Nan too >.>

Only bumping for very bored remixers, I won't do this too often. But this time it fell out of thread range.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

There's been a few but none I was super happy with (other than the first one). Still give em a look if you'd like. Most of them don't really have unique titles so I'll try to say a little something about each (unless it does have a title)

Willrock started on this one but I believe it was unfinished. But it's awesome as it is. I just almost beg for more lol. [fanboy mode on]

http://tindeck.com/listen/wryh

[thread if you wanna necro it -->http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=33937]

This one is...ok. Best one for me of the rest of the lot.

Spinning Aquarium Park- kind of sounds crazy to me. I think it is still worth a listen though.

---Below here I don't really like but may be your style---

This one is kind of that retro style? 8bit or whatever. At least to me. I don't really like it though.

Genesis style one:

This one has a good trance beat style but I don't think they really changed the song much. I mean not in the way you'd expect from here:

"Smooth Aquarium" - Some commenters noted it's kind of like Yoshi's island mixed with Aquarium Park, I sorta agree. At least it is pretty different though.

There's more. But some were just combining the DS/Wii versions together, or sounded so much like the original I couldn't tell anything was done, or other things like that. Check related vids.

Maybe I'll fire up my search again for Chun Nan as well.

Holy crap. That first one is really good. Thanks for all the shares! :) And man, a lot of Unleashed music was really awesome, too. Cool Edge - Day? Love it.

yeah, there was a lot of great music there. I liked that one too. Spagonia was another good set for me, day and night. It was cool that Generations gave it some love too.

I've got a concept in mind, but my lack of experience means there's little chance of it being realized. Still... It could happen... right?:)

hey, trying is better than not trying. Even the ones I don't like that I posted above, at least those people tried to make a remix, which is more than I can say for myself :P I'd hope you could make something I like if you try, but you can't please everyone.

Yeah, I'm all for people just trying. But seriously, that first Aquarium Park remix... so damn good. I can't stop listening to it. Imagine it FINISHED.

Also while I'm here, I may as well say I suddenly need Sonic 3's competition menu music remixed in my life. I don't think I've bumped into that yet.

Yeah, I'm all for people just trying. But seriously, that first Aquarium Park remix... so damn good. I can't stop listening to it. Imagine it FINISHED.

Also while I'm here, I may as well say I suddenly need Sonic 3's competition menu music remixed in my life. I don't think I've bumped into that yet.

I'm not really familiar with the source, but it was on Project Chaos:

Rexy - Schumacher Bar (Competition Menu)