Donkey Kong Country - Aquatic Ambience (Tyskie Remix)

tyskie

Due to youtube's recent 96kbit aac, I got the ipod compatible one. Though it still has a cut-off at 14kHz. Do use a better service to host your audio, please.

First impression.. background bass is way too loud. It reminds me of DK very much for some reason. The thing with DK music is that it's all about the melody of the song. You seem to have went to great extends to hide the main melody with drum-and-bass sounds. It isn't until 1:01min that the main melody finally gets louder. Oh nostalgia in a fresh coat. The pads fit very well.

Overall.. relaxing music, pretty long song for what little melody is actually in there. Ending is not abrupt. I know there's tons who like the pounding bass, but do consider. Mastering is otherwise done nicely, does not sound 'grey' and I did not hear any noticeable sound cracking. Keep up good work!

Do use a better service to host your audio, please.

Tindeck or Dropbox would work.

Also, OCR has a WiP hosting page, here.

Overall.. relaxing music, pretty long song for what little melody is actually in there. Ending is not abrupt. I know there's tons who like the pounding bass, but do consider. Mastering is otherwise done nicely, does not sound 'grey' and I did not hear any noticeable sound cracking. Keep up good work!

I love deep pounding bass, But I have to agree... The bass doesn't feel out of place, but it doesn't match the mood of the source. I'm sure you can re-write that certain part and it will work better.

I have to say, this is pretty solid as it is. Nintendude will be proud :)

hi first of all, thanks a lot of checking out the remix, ill work on getting a TinDeck account.

Although, I do not agree with your critique on the bass being too loud, i suppose i can see where you're coming from(i like to push it to the fine line). I thought i balanced it pretty well there. not to sound pompous, im here to grow!

sorry that you guys dont like the stylistic properties of the track overall, what it seems im understand by the response. im a housey trancey guy, i thought the selection was good for myself, and thats who im producing for(hey im sure many other combinations could be better!) Melody is definitely not my forte, and im trying to get better in that department for sure.

ill definitely try to return the listens when i see your works posted.

-tyskie :)!!

Although, I do not agree with your critique on the bass being too loud, i suppose i can see where you're coming from(i like to push it to the fine line). ...sorry that you guys dont like the stylistic properties of the track overall, what it seems im understand by the response. im a housey trancey guy, i thought the selection was good for myself, and thats who im producing for.

No, that's just it - I love house trance style. The mix is great, and I love it. It's just that your remix hasn't found the threshold between house trance and the mood/style of the original source. It's close though. Just needs something to make the balance.

cool, maybe you could tell me what kind of thing it needs because, your comment seems very open ended and doesnt really help -- im not being snappy or sarcastic here.

*edit would also love to check out some of your work since you're a house/trance guy yourself; i love the stuff ;)