MXL 990 Condenser and Others

Hi everyone it's me again lol

Im about to buy this microphone MXL 990. I know its not the best but Is good for me and its all about trusting your ears.

would you guys recommend me to buy this mic?

if you guys know there is cheaper and better mic than this please put a list or name it.

note : I tried to buy MXL 990 almost everywhere "including Amazon"

and failed because of not be able to deliver to my address. maybe one day I can get them without delivering and stuff.

Starla was going to get one (not sure if she has already), but from what I read it's a bright sounding mic, while the lows tend to get a bit muddy. If you have a very warm/deep sounding voice I'd consider your other options, and be sure to get a really good pop filter with it.

If you don't mind dealing with USB, I'd go with a Blue Microphones Snowball USB Mic. They're going on Amazon for $66. Prophecy uses one, and it's nothing short of amazing for the price range. The noise filtration is outstanding, and you can even record from across the room (very narrow pickup pattern). It's worth checking out. Keep in mind you should get a pop filter if you're using this mic also.

i'm with ghetto on this one - the BLUE snowball will give you better results than any 100$ condenser i am familiar with... more presence, no brittle high-end to it, and it's extremely convenient.

i mean, ideally you'd have separate components for your signal chain (mic, pre, converter, interface, etc), but for 100$ or less, the snowball is honestly the best option on the market.