Boom Mic

Koriantor

Wrong subforum?

I wasn't sure... it's not really for music composition or production so... where else to put it? A mod can move this if it's in a bad spot.

All I want to know is if there's anybody here that's had some experience with this sort of thing and can help me out.

And yes, dynamite goes boom :roll:

Ok, so, right now I've been told to go find boom mics for our school news team, and I'm rather puzzled. I've picked out a shotgun mic, but am unsure where to get a good boom "stand" (for lack of a better word) thingie. Any of you into video and could lend me a hand?

What kind of school? I would think they'd take charge of procurement unless this is just some "get what you can find this project is free and voluntary" deal. But make them pay for it unless you'll really want and use it after.

I assume you mean boom pole rather than boom stand. Both exist but the pole is the one you see an audio guy always holding over people heads out of frame in remote news shots. But you can get boom stands for fixed sets. If this is for truly outdoors, make sure you've got a good wind screen for your mic too, or you'll be hating life.

Just google search they're all over.

It's High School :/. I'm one of the senior News Team members which means I get all the exciting projects such as picking out what they should buy because the people running the program don't know what we need. It's actually kind of intelligent letting someone that knows what they need (but ironically wasn't quite sure what to search) buy their stuff, unlike most every other idea the schools come up with.

I wasn't really sure what to google and "Boom mic stand thingie" was giving me very many results :roll:. Boom pole came to mind, but I wasn't sure that's what I wanted, so I asked you guys. Thanks Ronyn!

Oh, and thanks to the mod that moved this. I found a totally new subforum that I never noticed before. :smile: