OCR02159 - Super Meat Boy "mAEt b0y"

djpretzel

SUPER MEAT BOY! These mixes are timed perfectly, I just beat the Light World last night. Next up is the Dark World o_o This is a great mix. A fresh take on some of my favorite themes in the game.

EDIT: Just FYI, the "Remix Detail Page" link at the top goes to the wrong mix. (Fixed. - LT)

Edited by Liontamer

this is by far my favorite of AE, er, A_rival's remixes to date

it's quite simply perfect in every way. a lot of the piano stuff reminds me of protricity, and the whole thing just blows my mind with its total assault of infectious exploding professionalism

seriously stellar work. I can't decide which is more of an honor: the fact that I'm on the special edition OST, or the fact that I'm on an album with fucking AE

...we'll call it a tie :P

Edited by Benjamin Briggs

D'Oh!

That was the sound I made after waiting for the track to start proper, and then just a *powrightinthekisser*

Hell is probably my favourite track from the OST, and this does pretty well with it, and mashes in some nice used needle work! Sweet stuff.

On a side note. This OST can never get enough love here at OCR. I will officially never complain about there being too much Super Meat Boy coverage. Not that it matters, but my appetite for the meat is insatiable. Mmmmm.... meat meat goodness. Meat.

Is it just me, or has the bar for electronica at OCR just been RAISED SKY HIGH? It's about freaking time someone did that! Killer work--one of the most cohesive and punchy mixes, especially electronic, I've heard in a while here. While I'm unfamiliar with the source (I know, I'm a horrible person), this is a completely face-meltingly-awesome mix. Kudos. Plus, it's reminiscent of some of my favorite artists, namely Skrillex and Noisia. :-D

Is it just me, or has the bar for electronica at OCR just been RAISED SKY HIGH? ...Plus, it's reminiscent of some of my favorite artists, namely Skrillex and Noisia. :-D

yes, and yes. I hear Noisia all over the place with some fidgety Skrillex in there for good measure.

Awesome tune all around.

A+++ would listen again

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Oooh, nice change of pace! The ghastly choir and piano that slides right into evil aggresive wubs and hard hitting beats....that was one of the best intros I've heard in a while. The ReMix is like a dancing chainsaw, that's how gritty it sounds. Yep, dancing chainsaw. That's how I describe it. Damn, I do love a dirty mix every now and then, and this is one dirty mix.

• 5 weeks later...

Yowza! Uh... yowzer! This is a relentlessly awesome flexing of production muscle. Nails the spooky vibe on center, but it's kind of hard to notice with so many amazing things going on left, right, on top of and underneath.

No matter where you look, you're going to be impressed. This mix is crazily expert. Not used to THESE levels of electronica craftsmenship around here. It makes everything else seem... underpowered.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02159 - Super Meat Boy "mAEt b0y"