OCR02159 - Super Meat Boy "mAEt b0y"

djpretzel

• 2 months later...

Confession: I listen to this only for those electronic/guttural/reptilian voices that go "eye, eye" starting at 0:44 (and to a lesser extent, the squeaky/meat grinder-wrangling followers at 0:46-0:47 and elsewhere).

Not that the rest of the mix doesn't stand out. Positive: I like how the piano sounds both delicate and sinister. Negative: some of the volume swells and wilts, while they definitely add to the chaotic atmosphere, are a bit uncomfortable for my ears.

Still, something about those alien vocals makes me think I'm looking into the paranoid mind of Meat Boy (I mean, he DOES have a jelly-like lower right eyelid and an Alfred E. Neuman grin. What's not to take away from that?). The surrounding insanity in this mix is like a perfect complement to the vocals.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02159 - Super Meat Boy "mAEt b0y"
  • 1 year later...

I remember hearing this song on the train one day and being instantly hooked - I can't remember if I heard this before playing SMB but it was very close timing. Normally I'm not a fan of dubstep but this really hit a lot of corrupted crunchy notes I loved.

11 years later I finally managed to connect the dots and apply this song to something suitable: