Tekken 3 - Nina Williams ReMix

ShadowBlade

I've been a music makin' machine lately. Thanks to new software, some of which user SonicThHedgog introduced me to (thanks a million) I've been able to make more of my musical visions, both ReMixes and Originals become realities.

The newest is my vision of Nina Williams groovin' theme from Tekken 3! Check it out on youtube! Check some of my other remixes on my channel if you like too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ljk8RQwcic

I'm surprised I actually did a Tekken thing....I more of a Street Fighter fan myself. I was gonna do this as a metal mix but I decided not to. Gotta save all my metal and shredding for my band I guess.

Ah Tekken. So underremixed and so underrepresented on this site. Tekken 3 and Tekken Tag had some of the catchiest soundtracks of the series, so it is nice to see people attempting to come up with some remixes. A while back I started working on a remix of Paul's theme from TTT, but never completed it, plus it was when I was just getting into remixing so it was not all that good, though if I still had the original file I would have definitely tried to finish it now.

Original:

Nina's theme from T3 is so groovy and funky, so a lot of character is lost when you take the swing out of it. I see that you are trying to take it towards a more electronic sounding remix, and it is fine if you want to take the swing out, but you have to compensate for it somehow. You definitely need to come up with something better for your drums, the samples are weak and sequencing is not very imaginative. The synths are also pretty basic, and while basic is not always bad, you need to master your track better to make them sound good. There is also not much in terms of rearrangement going on. Right now the remix sounds almost like a simplified and midi-fied version of the original.

I definitely encourage you to work on this and improve your overall skills. There are plenty of tutorials on youtube for all kinds of music making software, so if you invest another 20-40 hours in working on your skills, you should see substantial improvement.

Ah Tekken. So underremixed and so underrepresented on this site. Tekken 3 and Tekken Tag had some of the catchiest soundtracks of the series, so it is nice to see people attempting to come up with some remixes. A while back I started working on a remix of Paul's theme from TTT, but never completed it, plus it was when I was just getting into remixing so it was not all that good, though if I still had the original file I would have definitely tried to finish it now.

Original:

Nina's theme from T3 is so groovy and funky, so a lot of character is lost when you take the swing out of it. I see that you are trying to take it towards a more electronic sounding remix, and it is fine if you want to take the swing out, but you have to compensate for it somehow. You definitely need to come up with something better for your drums, the samples are weak and sequencing is not very imaginative. The synths are also pretty basic, and while basic is not always bad, you need to master your track better to make them sound good. There is also not much in terms of rearrangement going on. Right now the remix sounds almost like a simplified and midi-fied version of the original.

I definitely encourage you to work on this and improve your overall skills. There are plenty of tutorials on youtube for all kinds of music making software, so if you invest another 20-40 hours in working on your skills, you should see substantial improvement.

Feedback at long last.

I wanted slap bass, but only slap player I know......we're not exactly on speaking terms. So I lost the funk but I thought it sounded more mellow.

It seems like drums are the dividing point of opinions on most remixes. Some people love em' some hate em'. Whether it's real or samples. I have a bad habit of not really caring about the drums that much. I always focus more on the actual bass and melodies. I'm curious to know what makes you say that the sequencing of the drums is unimaginative. Some of the beats I kept the same as the original song and some I totally changed up.

I agree I could come up with some totally original parts to the song. Problem I find with this song is coming up with some totally new melodies and rhythms without killing the vibe.

I actually fully intended to simplify most of the song lol. To be honest, the drums and bass line were the only parts of the original source I really loved. In my opinion alot of the original song felt like sound effects rather than enhancing the song. I also didn't like the funky chords in the original. So I replaced it with strings.

Thank you for the feedback. I appreciate it very much. Without it, I'd have no hope of improving lol. I shall keep on remixing.

sound great!

you should hear some tekken 2 and 3. they have great music.

Glad you enjoyed it.

This from Tekken 3 though lol. I've heard the whole soundtrack of Tekken 3. Nina and Jin's themes are the only songs I liked off it though. Every else kinda reminded me of hip hop.

I shall look into Tekken 2's soundtrack now.