Super Mario 64 - The Final Battle Drum and Bass remix

Pokerockmario

It sounds like you've obviously put lots of work into this, and it sounds to me like it has potential. My biggest critique for the moment would be that it sounds very close to the original. It takes 40 seconds into the song for any major variation from the source to pop in. And then the main variation of the song is the addition of bass and drum. With the basis you've already established, try to work some more variation in the song - change the sequence the song follows, add some alternate harmony, change the key, change the style for a section, or add something else to make this really your song.

Gotta agree with what he said.

It doesn't really kick in until the 1:25 mark. And even then, it's pretty much the same (with the addition of the DnB texture). Since the organ is the main melody here, I suggest changing that up here and there.

DnB has never been my thing, so I can't really critique the original parts. But if I must: variety is the spice of life. Change the drumming from time to time.

and while not related specifically to your song, I do always find that LESS is MORE.

At least, when it comes to things I do. I've been told to be terse with my writing, and it really helps.

I believe the quote is; ''Perfection is not when you have nothing left to add, but when you have nothing left to take away''

Just throwing that out there, since I noticed the song length.

It sounds like you've obviously put lots of work into this, and it sounds to me like it has potential. My biggest critique for the moment would be that it sounds very close to the original. It takes 40 seconds into the song for any major variation from the source to pop in. And then the main variation of the song is the addition of bass and drum. With the basis you've already established, try to work some more variation in the song - change the sequence the song follows, add some alternate harmony, change the key, change the style for a section, or add something else to make this really your song.

Thanks, Shake and Slaker,

I've been working a few weeks on this, all kinds of critique are welcome!

Yeah, I noticed that most remixes here aren't 100% the same as the original song.

I will add some of my own melodies, also, I was wondering if the mastering was ok, cuz I'm not really good at mastering.