Remixing guide needs YOU!

Rozovian

So far, I've been getting good feedback from everyone... who's given me any feedback. There's a few of you who haven't actually responded. :(

I'm slow and have schoolwork and games (I admit it) that I'm doing. I went through about 3/4 of it already. The experts already said most of everything I think so far.

Now as a true noob, I feel I understand some things a little better now.

As far as grammar mistakes that hadn't been mentioned already in the document that I had, there's the use of "tho" that should likely be "though", you wrote "sppecial" instead of special, "irl" probably should be in real life, "recored" should be recorded. Meh, just go in Microsoft office on spell check a bit. Of course not everything it says that's wrong is wrong, but you might wanna take a look for the final version.

Also, later in the document you start the "tell a newb" stuff. I don't know if that's necessary if you're talking to a newb...we won't be telling anyone anything that soon.

I can tell it would benefit from visuals but I don't think you're allowed to use visuals with your tuts on here so that's not an option. But had I not seen a piano roll before or some of the grids you've mentioned, I wouldn't know what you mean.

"Bitcrush complex sounds to make them fit a lo-fi " I have no idea what you meant when you wrote bitcrush. And that's the one and only time that word appears.

Yay, a v4 done, and it should correct most of the crits I've gotten... or clarify that you grammar nazis can hate on my idiosyncrasies all you want, ppl and kind'a and stuff - they're staying. :P (hear that, DAFYDD?)

I should have updated the sd3 tracklist this week. Busy weekend, busy week. Should have more time this weekend to get stuff done. Would like to get the updated guide out there, so anyone who hasn't yet read it and wants to, hit me up on aim.

Also, feedback plz. It's an exchange, not a charity. At least not yet. :D

Yay, a v4 done, and it should correct most of the crits I've gotten... or clarify that you grammar nazis can hate on my idiosyncrasies all you want, ppl and kind'a and stuff - they're staying. :P (hear that, DAFYDD?)

I should have updated the sd3 tracklist this week. Busy weekend, busy week. Should have more time this weekend to get stuff done. Would like to get the updated guide out there, so anyone who hasn't yet read it and wants to, hit me up on aim.

Also, feedback plz. It's an exchange, not a charity. At least not yet. :D

I gave you some feedback, I hope. I'm sd3's the only n00b!!)

Or maybe not anymore.. Waiting for tracklist update, to be sure who(or what:)) I am.

And one thing.. Probable I can give you some feedback but AIM sucks and unfortunately, I have it. I'll try to think what can I tell. If you still need it.

• 4 weeks later...

Bump, needs have changed. The guide is almost done, now I'm thinking about releasing it. I just need to know I haven't made any big mistakes. Any experienced remixers/music ppl wanna give it a read, point out everything I'm lying about?

Also, thoughts on how to release it are welcome. ocr's wiki, regular forum posts, and pdf are the formats I'm considering. Preferences/other ideas?

I'm on AIM most of the time, hit me up there if you wanna help/talk/whatever.

• 4 weeks later...

lol, I haven't actually been on AIM much, lately. hit me up if you do see me, I want thing thing checked before I start turning it into a pdf. btw, I might need screenshots from other DAWs. Logic, GarageBand, Reason, FL, and REAPER shouldn't be a problem, but if you use a different DAW and want to help with that, hit me up.

...when I'm online again, such as right now. Stupid other stuff getting in my way.

So, pros or semipros to beta read it, and ppl willing to contribute screenshots wanted.

I like real-time feedback, so I'd prefer you catch me on aim. Then again, I'm busy most of this week. I don't think I have your email, send me something to my gmail, ad.rozoSPAmmITYvian, my gmail and I'll hit you up with the latest version. Actually, anyone interested could just email me. yes, it's ad dot rozo...

btw, I wanna talk Sonic Elements with you. :D

• 2 weeks later...

All right, for those interested, we now have a public beta. PM me your thoughts. Link to the guide in the first post.

You may not read it if you don't provide feedback. You may read it if you find that something is missing, excessive, wrong, or helpful, while reading, and let me know.

:D

(also, avaris: as you know, yes I got them)

• 3 weeks later...

One Grammar Nazi thing to say that's bugged me FOREVER, stop adding the apostrophe to "kinda", it's not the correct way to spell it as per the English dictionary.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/kinda

I can see that you're adding it in to indicate that it's a portmanteau, but generally slang words such as 'kinda' don't use it. For example 'gonna', 'gimmie', 'sorta' etc.

I feel better.

Cool. It's nice to see someone put together something so extensive for reference. Luckily, a lot of what you've talked about either makes good sense to me, or I already understood. Whatever it is I'm doing wrong, I should keep doing that. XD

Anyway, you really do need to fix the "ppl" abbreviations in your guide. Honestly, just use the word "people" to avoid the situation of someone not knowing what that means and getting confused. Especially when you're talking about other abbreviations, like DAW, having "ppl" thrown in next to it might make others think "ppl" stands for something music related and not a simple word. That also goes for any other such shortenings you've used that aren't necessary.

I think Rozovian is more concerned about content at this stage.

This, thanks neblix. LG has a good point tho, which I'll consider. PromoToe'd is just provoking me to use my idiosyncrasies more prominently.

Am I making the compression section stuff clear enough, do you actually read the synthesis section, are the questions at the end in any sensible order, did I get overtone and harmonic mixed up, do my methods actually make sense to anyone but me, is the frequency stuff too technical, am I missing some convenient ways of saying stuff, what don't you understand, etc.?