3DS: Friend Codes on First Page, OMG THE THIRD DIMENSION

The Damned

I can't see why it would be. None of the previous Game Byos and DS models were.

I think the guys over at Kotaku said they managed to get out from 8-10 on lowest settings.

This one? If that's true, then that' much more acceptable... but at the cost of the main feature, the 3D effect, it seems kind of pointless to do so.

Mind you, I have to get my hands (and eyes) on one first, so I can se the 3D screen for myself.

Edited by The Damned

I was just asking a question because I don't troll game websites for information on games every waking moment (or at all actually)

no need to ridicule me for that :whatevaa:

it was on amazon. no need to even go trolling gaming sites.

its the internet bro, the information is out there. if you want to know what is going to come with the thing go to a site that will be selling it, or wait for a guy to pop up and be a douche.

@Arek i think the price is between 30 to 40 (40 being those much bigger name games, like SSF4) my wallet wont be liking me much either

I am lazy

you are underestimating how incredibly lazy I am

if asking people here means ten minutes less searching for me, that's what I'll do, because you people know

also I never look up specs on amazon wtf is that

Edited by Gollgagh

So I'm about to join the ranks of foolish early adopters and pull the trigger on a pre-order. To others in the same boat...what launch titles are you guys looking at? So far the only ones that moderately catch my interest are Super Monkey Ball, Rayman, Pilotwings, and Samurai Warriors. Passing on SFIV because I am terrible at fighting games, and Steel Diver because it got a 30/40 from Famitsu so I'm okay with waiting for that to go down to $20.

Edit: P.S. Anyone know if there's any chance for some sort of Amazon credit promotion on any of this stuff?

Edited by Dhsu

So I'm about to join the ranks of foolish early adopters and pull the trigger on a pre-order. To others in the same boat...what launch titles are you guys looking at? So far the only ones that moderately catch my interest are Super Monkey Ball, Rayman, Pilotwings, and Samurai Warriors. Passing on SFIV because I am terrible at fighting games, and Steel Diver because it got a 30/40 from Famitsu so I'm okay with waiting for that to go down to $20.

Edit: P.S. Anyone know if there's any chance for some sort of Amazon credit promotion on any of this stuff?

I'm with you. Going against my better judgement, I've got a preorder for 3DS while none of the launch titles look particluarly appealing to me. At the same time, it's not going to go down in price any time soon, so now or later doesn't really matter. Just going to keep waiting for Ocarina of Time, Kid Icarus, etc.

Or you could keep your games and continue to play them afterward. Hell, maybe some of them will end up being collectors items in the future!

Any way, I got to try out a 3DS today. One of the EB Games in town had a demo unit (which I only found out about this morning) and I got to try it out for a while.

Now, when I say this, I'm doing given that they didn't have a proper 3DS game, like Street Fighter or Nintendogs, but just the AR card game, where you shoot at a dragon.

Also, I do not need glasses for anything, I am not blind in one eye, and my last eye exam (just in summer of 2010, as required by both my employer and federal law for continued employment) was almost perfect, with only a slight difference in my left eye when it comes to certain fine details, which my right eye more than makes up for. I can see 3D effects in movies with no problem, and I am not suffering from any kind of eye problems that might interfere with my ability to use the 3DS screen (ie, eye infections or dryness or anything like that).

The 3D effect was very underwhelming. Even disappointingly so.

I couldn't see anything that was 3D about it at all. The only real difference with the 3D off was it ran slightly faster (with a slight lag when you turn the 3D slider on and off). There was no depth to anything at all. The only thing I could notice was with the 3D on, the screen looked slightly different, like the colors were distorted slightly. It was more visible the higher the 3D slider was up, but it gave absolutely no sense of depth at all.

I am willing to put that up to it being an AR card game, with a flat counter being the majority of the image. I'm also willing to put some of it to what may possibly be a slightly defective demo unit. But in the end, I couldn't make out any 3D effect at all. Nothing.

It's a very nice looking screen, and for 2D stuff, it works great, but I can't say that the much-praised 3D effect is impressive at all. It seemed completely non-existent, which is a real shame, considering this is the big selling point for the system.

Huh, that is weird. I was able to try it at Futureshop today, and I found the 3D effect to work really well. I got to play some Street Fighter, and in 'dynamic mode' (The pseudo 3d view) the 3D effect was really cool. It was very easy to judge depth and distance between fighters. The depth effect was really strong, the pop-out effect was very subtle and I had no problem with losing the image when you tilt the system.

The 3D is very natural overall, though; you may not even notice it's on at first, it just feels so right. You don't even really think about it.

I tried making a Mii of myself and my family members, and was a little disappointed... It didn't really look like me, but my dad's was kinda funny :P

I also tried a DS game on it, and with 'increased' resolution, you can definitely see some blurring, but when you use native resolution (Start+Select on startup) the screens are so tiny. Try imagining a DS Micro and you'll have a good idea of the screen size.

The System was much smaller than I expected, tbh, but I've gotten used to the DSiXL, sooo... Also, the slide pad is just, so, sexy. It feels so great! It's hard to imagine playing a handheld game without it now...

I played it for about 5 or 10 minutes, even though I could have played for much longer. I decided I wanted to keep some things a surprise ;)

EDIT: Oh yeah, I also used the camera for a couple seconds. It works, but you kind of have to force your eyes to focus on different objects. It's weird.

Edited by Overflow

Or you could keep your games and continue to play them afterward.

I won't have a DS, though. Like I said, I'm going to have to trade in my DS to pay for the new system, unless I want to wait until the holidays or later for the price to go down.

On a related note, I've pre-ordered one.