3DS: Friend Codes on First Page, OMG THE THIRD DIMENSION

The Damned

how do I justify the price?

3D + starfox 64 + rayman 2 + ocarina of time master quest + I don't have a DS

is it really that hard to understand why someone would buy this at launch?

edit: what the hell is this shit about "working the kinks out" this is fucking nintendo we're talking about remember

Edited by Benjamin Briggs

Sweet deal, man.

Be sure to 100% test battery life and get us a solid answer for once.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011/03/cradled-by-inadequacy-the-3ds-battery-put-to-the-test.ars

On a positive note, Amazon.com is indeed having a pre-order promotion. Pre-order a 3DS and get a $25 credit towards any launch title when your console ships! Now I just have to decide between Rayman, SF4, Steel Diver, Ghost Recon, and Samurai Warriors...

Just preordered my 3DS! ...Only to find out afterwards that Dead or Alive: Dimensions is no longer a launch title. /:

Sadly, the launch titles don't look so interesting to me.

Also, tested out the 3DS at Best Buy again today with my roommates. We unlocked the system features using a button combination so we could try out the built-in stuff, like the AR cards! (simulated the cards using my phone) Those were lots of fun.

Haven't tried the music player yet, but with regards to battery life; I've played Ghost Recon for about 2 hours yesterday, with sound on all the time, and 3D for at least an hour. I've played another two hours of Pokemon Black today, and the Battery indicator is at 3/4. I dunno how accurate this is, but the battery life so far seems to at least be bearable.

Haven't tried the music player yet, but with regards to battery life; I've played Ghost Recon for about 2 hours yesterday, with sound on all the time, and 3D for at least an hour. I've played another two hours of Pokemon Black today, and the Battery indicator is at 3/4. I dunno how accurate this is, but the battery life so far seems to at least be bearable.

For Nintendo, that should be a failure. They always prided themselves on a long battery life. Of course, they're obsessed with doing 3D, so whatever.

For Nintendo, that should be a failure. They always prided themselves on a long battery life. Of course, they're obsessed with doing 3D, so whatever.

I don't know about you but I've never really felt the need to play my handheld console for ten hours straight without putting it down or charging it

I am almost positive that if 3-5 hours is not long enough for you then you might have a serious problem