3DS: Friend Codes on First Page, OMG THE THIRD DIMENSION

The Damned

I called a gamestop near my house and talked to the manager about my warped casing issue. They have numerous blue 3DS's but he says he won't exchange one for something that doesn't hinder game play. Fuck Gamestop, for real. I'm thinking about returning the case i bought, the very thing that is supposed to eliminate physical blemishes on the outer casing.

I thought the black screen of death was only for when you use a flash cart or something on it.

I called a gamestop near my house and talked to the manager about my warped casing issue. They have numerous blue 3DS's but he says he won't exchange one for something that doesn't hinder game play. Fuck Gamestop, for real. I'm thinking about returning the case i bought, the very thing that is supposed to eliminate physical blemishes on the outer casing.

You could try phoning Nintendo. They replaced my DSi for me because one of the styluses it came with had a lose bit of plastic and scratched the screen. For free, even.

I thought the black screen of death was only for when you use a flash cart or something on it.

You could try phoning Nintendo. They replaced my DSi for me because one of the styluses it came with had a lose bit of plastic and scratched the screen. For free, even.

Actually, i was about to call Nintendo, but I called a different gamestop and they took care of it. Yay non defective 3DS.

Since I have a new 3DS, here's my new new friend code: 3050-7587-3777. Please update it on the first page.

My right button is clicky, but not the left. I guess all my good luck finally caught up with me :P
DEAD PIXEL
So I'm now worried about the black screen of death error reports. Has anyone in OCR unfortunately have a bricked 3DS?

HAHAHAHAHA!!!..............HA!

In this case, I DON'T hate to say "I told you so!" You see? You see? ^THAT'S why you don't adopt early! That's it! See? There. There isn't a chance in hell that I'm buying a broken 3DS right now.

Booya!

yeah no

1. the shoulder buttons have been exactly the same mechanical component since the original GBA, they're not going to fix that no matter how long you wait

2. dead pixels are an inherent danger in LCD displays, there is no way to completely eliminate the chance of having a dead pixel or two

3. no one here actually said they have a bricked 3DS

Edited by Gollgagh

I recall certain people in this thread that swore we would be screwed if we didn't pre-order as soon as possible, we would never see one in a store until summer, maybe even christmas. Welllllll... Not quite.

While demand has been strong, there are more than enough 3DSs on shelves. Even if that supply is snatched up right away, Nintendo still has their factories pumping out more and more each week.

In this case, I DON'T hate to say "I told you so!" You see? You see? ^THAT'S why you don't adopt early! That's it! See? There. There isn't a chance in hell that I'm buying a broken 3DS right now.

Booya!

this reminds me of the time I visited my friend's house and his puppy pissed all over the place in excitement

cute but mostly just irritating

Booya!

let's stick with the few people who have problem and forget the bazillion people who enjoy their 3DS. i know 2 shop clerk in town that sell video game, i'll ask about return of out of order 3DS just to see and give you number just for laughing in return.

I recall certain people in this thread that swore we would be screwed if we didn't pre-order as soon as possible, we would never see one in a store until summer, maybe even christmas. Welllllll... Not quite.

While demand has been strong, there are more than enough 3DSs on shelves. Even if that supply is snatched up right away, Nintendo still has their factories pumping out more and more each week.

I was one who really thought they'd sell out faster. Lower price point, they totally would have. Still, as it stands, they're going to be sold out by Christmas. Mark my words.

No, they won't. This isn't like the Wii, where there was a shortage from launch day until two or even three years later. They have more than enough 3DSs right now, Nintendo is making lots of them as we speak, and they will continue to do so, barring either a disaster that destroys their factories in China, or they decide to artificially create a shortage to drive up demand, which isn't the case here.

I doubt very much that we'll see any kind of shortages for the rest of the year. Even if there are any, they would most likely be sporadic and short-lived, as Nintendo would get as many as they could into stores.

Ahaha, apparently there's an additional promotion where you get $10 for buying 2 games. So with all the Amazon promotions I got:

• $25 for 3DS pre-order
  • $10 x 2 for launch title pre-orders
  • $10 for buying 2 games

That's $55 towards 3DS games. So yeah, I just went ahead and ordered Ghost Recon and Samurai Warriors which adds another $10 credit, bringing my total for two 3DS games to $15.

I doubt very much that we'll see any kind of shortages for the rest of the year. Even if there are any, they would most likely be sporadic and short-lived, as Nintendo would get as many as they could into stores.

That's not a bad thing as long as the units sell and keep selling.

Does the system not being available anywhere in town, such that you're willing to buy it for twice its list price (giving that extra to some DUDE who did nothing other than buy one from the store) apparently make many people want it, such that they go to the store and, guess what! They can't buy it either!!!

My friend code is 2578-3107-8918. None of the launch titles grabbed me (I tried Street Fighter but found the controls pretty awkward: the circle-pad wasn't working for me and doing those kinds of moves on the d-pad hurt my thumb after a while), so I may not actually be online for a while, but there it is anyway.

this reminds me of the time I visited my friend's house and his puppy pissed all over the place in excitement

cute but mostly just irritating

Don't be hatin' sweetie. Not my fault you bought a ticking time bomb.

Congratulations, you don't get to play 3DS. :razz:

Oh no! I'm missing out on dead pixels, black screens...and Nintendogs! Waaaah......:sleepzzz: