3DS: Friend Codes on First Page, OMG THE THIRD DIMENSION

The Damned

HAHAHAHAHA!!!..............HA!

In this case, I DON'T hate to say "I told you so!" You see? You see? ^THAT'S why you don't adopt early! That's it! See? There. There isn't a chance in hell that I'm buying a broken 3DS right now.

Booya!

you quoted me but left out the part where i said that EVERY PORTABLE ive had came with one

you are seriously annoying

Now now children, don't make Bleck come in here and sit you in the corner!

what?

Hay gais your system is teh sux.

No but seriously, I'll probably be grabbing one in a year, same as the NGP.

I'm worried about lefty impressions on Kid Icarus though. That's probably the biggest "launch" title on my radar and other lefties in the media who have played it have said that it's nigh impossible given its control scheme.

Also, I have some astigmatism, and I hear the 3D might be hard for me to see. Can anyone with this problem give me any impressions?

Don't be hatin' sweetie. Not my fault you bought a ticking time bomb.

Oh no! I'm missing out on dead pixels, black screens...and Nintendogs! Waaaah......:sleepzzz:

Hello.

I have recently acquired a Nintendo 3DS, and though I was a bit sceptical at first, the handheld is definitely a worthy successor to the DS. I have experienced less issues with the 3DS than I have with my DS; Wi-fi was a complete breeze to set up, the controls are smooth and clicky, and the entire handheld manages to be both robust and sleek at the same time.

Aside from the hardware improvements, Nintendo has made some radical improvements to multiplayer connectivity through the addition of a very intuitive interface, which functions similarly to the Steam overlay in that it can be accessed at any time during a game, and friend codes that vary by system rather than by game. You actually get a message that your friend request has been accepted this time around.

The graphics are a huge step up from the DS, and the 3D effect must be seen to be believed. Though the selection of launch titles might seem shabby at first, Ghost Recon, SFIV and Ridge Racer 3D are all great games, with the latter 2 being an excellent showcase of the 3D effect. Once again, Nintendo has shown itself to be at the forefront of implementing new technologies into their consoles to improve the players immersion.

Also, I just took a fucking 3D picture of kirby jumping out of my monitor. Seriously, how awesome is that?

In conclusion, all I can say to your post is:

33wm8ti.gif

Edited by Tensei

Also, I have some astigmatism, and I hear the 3D might be hard for me to see. Can anyone with this problem give me any impressions?

I have astigmatism as well (corrected to the best of their ability with contacts) and didn't have any problems, as long as I stayed in the sweet spot. I only played it at Best Buy for about 5 minutes, so I can't say anything about extended play.

Edited by Calpis

Hay gais your system is teh sux.

No but seriously, I'll probably be grabbing one in a year, same as the NGP.

I'm worried about lefty impressions on Kid Icarus though. That's probably the biggest "launch" title on my radar and other lefties in the media who have played it have said that it's nigh impossible given its control scheme.

I don't really understand the whole left hand thing. When you play NES, for example, you're forced to control direction with your left thumb. There's just no way around that (Unless you use an Advantage or something), so that's just how video games are. Unless you mean using a stylus/pen in your right hand is difficult, which I understand, but again, unless they let you control movement with ABXY (Like they did in MP:H) then again, you don't really have a choice...

As for the astigmatism, I also have slight astigmatism and where contacts, and I can see the 3D and play for about an hour on full before my eyes get a little tired.

I never understood the need for a second analog stick on a portable. Granted I never played Monster Hunter, but I did play Peace Walker. The PSP is known for console style games, but the DS has never been about console experiences. Plus it has the touch screen, people complaining about a second analog stick just want a portable console, I guess. I play handhelds for a different experience than a home console.

Unless you mean using a stylus/pen in your right hand is difficult, which I understand, but again, unless they let you control movement with ABXY (Like they did in MP:H) then again, you don't really have a choice...

I think thats his point, there should be a choice. If they don't let you use ABXY for controls (like the DS Zelda games) then you basically have to play gimped for awhile until you get better at using it right handed (Unless you're already good at it).

Alright, alright, hold up a second. Let's clear something up.

I'm not trying to take a collective dump all over your parade. I'm not going out for a nice troll through the park. Did you guys forget something? I want a 3DS. I'm completely hyped for it, and the upcoming games. 3D is cool. Better graphics are cool. Control nub is the bomb.

Instead of crucifying me because I'm not full of 100% rosy happiness, why don't you reflect on what I'm trying to say?

Before launch, people told me that waiting for a 3DS was a waste of my time, and that they'd get to enjoy it and I wouldn't. I heard everything from "It'll sell out in hours, and it'll be like the Wii shortages all over again" to "This hardware is practically perfect, and there will probably never be a revision."

Now, here we are, a mere 2 days later, and what do we have? A host of problems I've already mentioned. We also still have plenty of 3DSs in stock, not in danger of being sold out. Of course, yes, obviously, we have plenty of happy customers.

People are resilient, especially about the things they care about. I'm sure you guys would put up with a multitude of problems, as long as you still came out of it with a working 3DS. My whole, entire point was that my insignificant, cautious, patient opinion was completely discounted before launch. But now, afterwards, the evidence has fallen, objectively and undeniably into my favor. Sometimes, it feels good to be proven correct.

Alright fellas, enjoy your 3DSs. I can't take that away from you, and I wouldn't even try. Just be more open to the negative opinions, as well as the positive ones. A little less bias would do you guys some good.

we're not against negative opinion as long as you explain, also i like to have number about all those stuff before calling for the wolf.

so far we have arek with a dead pixel and someone with a damaged casing (probably a problem of transport rather than nintendo) we are far from the rodd accident of the xbox.

Instead of crucifying me because I'm not full of 100% rosy happiness, why don't you reflect on what I'm trying to say?

no, it's because you were posting like an asshole

"AHAHAHAHA BOOYA" is not generally counted amongst the known methods of civilized discourse

Nintendo reports that in the first day, they sold... fucktons.

Sorry, they aren't announcing any numbers until next week, but Nintendo is claiming it's the fastest selling handheld game system launch ever.

I'm sure Apple will come along any moment now and say theirs is the fastest selling handheld ever. Sure, the iPads and Touches are primarily media and internet tablets, with games that consist mostly of flash ports and a few remakes of older console titles (like FF3), and the 3DS is primarily a game system with some media functions... I kind of forgot where I was going with this.

Nintendo reports that in the first day, they sold... fucktons.

I don't think the original DS was an overnight hit though either, it was something that got a lot of positive reviews and then led up to continual sales over the past five or so years.

http://crenk.com/nintendo-3ds-sells-over-400000-units-in-first-day-of-japan-sales/

This site gives a number and says they sold over 400 000 units in Japan. The Destructoid article isn't clear if they're referring to Japanese or US sales.

More details about U.S. sales numbers will be made public on April 14, when first-week U.S. sales figures will be tallied by the independent NPD Group

That plus the fact this is coming out after the US launch makes me think it's for the US launch.

But yeah, I don't doubt it's pretty high. Even with the lack of advertising and next-to-no demo units in stores, the hype about it was still pretty good.