3DS: Friend Codes on First Page, OMG THE THIRD DIMENSION

The Damned

Hmm... Sounds pretty good! I'll probably pick later this month. Once I want something I always end up buying it anyway.

For some reason I always manage to find a way to talk myself out of some things I want to buy. I don't know why, I'm not a penny pincher, though my granddad was.... Genetics?

Nice to see you back.

For some reason I always manage to find a way to talk myself out of some things I want to buy. I don't know why, I'm not a penny pincher, though my granddad was.... Genetics?

Nice to see you back.

I should probably do that more than I do. As soon as I want something I'll think about it until a buy it. But in some cases once I get it I barely use it at all. This time maybe I'll wait for a month and see if I still want the thing. I've go so many games as it is...

I should probably do that more than I do. As soon as I want something I'll think about it until a buy it. But in some cases once I get it I barely use it at all. This time maybe I'll wait for a month and see if I still want the thing. I've go so many games as it is...

With such a paltry amount of games worth buying right now, I would play the waiting game. I find myself thinking of buying the DSi XL though. I love the big screens it has.

With such a paltry amount of games worth buying right now, I would play the waiting game. I find myself thinking of buying the DSi XL though. I love the big screens it has.

I bought one a few months back. It's wondrous, and a huge improvement over my old DS Phat. Dragon Quest 9 was especially epic on it.

At this point I would recommend waiting. I got a 3DS at launch and I find myself regretting it in the short term. I would wait until after E3 and see how the release list is. On the 8-4 Play podcast they were predicting a $50 price drop in Japan for the 3DS since it is selling relatively poor and the number one knock against it is the price in Japan. I find that really hard to believe, but I do think we'll see another version or color of the 3Ds in the next year to help spur sales, maybe a pack in game at least.

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a while since Thalzon said he would find his FC... Is he still looking for it? (Hint: in the main 3DS menu, click on the smiley face in the top middle of the touch screen. Then scroll right until you see your own Mii. Your FC is displayed on the top screen, under your name.)

Also, after thinking about it, even if there is a significant drought of good games until later this year, I can still play some of them as they come out, and I still have my DS Lite for the majority of the games I play.

FC added to the front page.

OoT is mostly decent, but I find using the L-button to target is kind of awkward. I think it's a matter of how you're sitting and resting on your lap or something. Putting the 3DS against my leg makes it easier.

EDIT: Added everyone on the front page list to my friend list. If you get a "Gerry" with the number 2019-9771-2777, that would be me. Might want to change the name to something more recognizable.

Edited by The Damned

2148-8188-7632

currently only OoT

which I'm going to say L-targeting has not been an issue for me. only once was I locking on to something I really didn't want to (I kept locking onto zelda in a flame ring while battling a couple stalfos). But I do have a Nyko powerpak+ so that makes the 3DS thicker and easier to press the buttons. I would honestly suggest getting one for that and the battery life

Haven't had an issue with L-targeting yet, but I have found some discomfort with using the analog slider. It's not as accurate as i would have hoped, it reminds me of the PSP in a big way. There's just no substitute for actual analog sticks. It makes me worry about the Wii U (not trying to get off topic). Has anyone else had problems with using the slider?

• 3 weeks later...

So... Netflix finally came out for the 3DS. Go to the eShop and download it for free.

If you don't have a Netflix account, it pops up with a little screen saying "Go to netflix.com/Nintendo3DS to start your free trial" and a code to enter for a free trial under your 3DS.

Except that doesn't work, because there is no "netflix.com/Nintendo3DS" nor a place to enter said code for your free trial.

That's not a good way to set up your webpage or your app.

So unless I am really missing something here, I don't know how this is supposed to make me want to try their streaming service.

The link I used gives me this.

Your link gives me this.

They all have "ca" prefixes, so it has to be bullshit Canadian server fuckery. I suspect that the Canadian Netflix system isn't running the 3DS service yet.

Good job, Netflix Canada.

PS: I'm so sick of getting shit all over by having to use Canadian pages and searches and all that bullshit. Let my look for things OUTSIDE of my area and stop telling me where I am "supposed" to look!

Edited by The Damned