3DS: Friend Codes on First Page, OMG THE THIRD DIMENSION

The Damned

so my SD card crapped out and I used a different one from my house. now in the process of re-downloading all my apps :/ gonna be more than a little pissed if it also lost all the gamesaves and data D:

anyway, the resident evil demo scared me shitless. I couldn't fucking figure out how to use the knife though so I died.

and super mario 3D land is one of the best games I've ever played on any system

For easy aiming and movement without a circle pad pro, just use the gyroscope for aiming and the circle pad will default to strafing movement. Works like a charm. To me adds more sense of immersion, which in a survival horror game should be critical.

yeah, that made me think of Dead Space (which I adore) so much that I'm pretty much sold on the game

so my SD card crapped out and I used a different one from my house. now in the process of re-downloading all my apps :/ gonna be more than a little pissed if it also lost all the gamesaves and data D:

anyway, the resident evil demo scared me shitless. I couldn't fucking figure out how to use the knife though so I died.

and super mario 3D land is one of the best games I've ever played on any system

I was horrible at it, somehow I managed to finish without dying but it was close. I did get scared one time when two jumped down from above.

I basically only played RE4 though (had some experience with 1 and 3), but I actually was weirded out when I entered another room with two zombies and ran back out and they didn't follow me.

I actually kept doing that and one of them died somehow?

Must've been the exploding 'zombie' that set off somehow.

In case you fellas didn't notice, when you clear 'Normal' mode, you unlock a very-hard 'Hell mode' where the enemies are more deadly/numerous and resources are fewer.

Speaking generally, I love my 3DS. Can't wait to play all the games coming out for it this year and also see what surprises they unveil at e3.

Edited by ocre

It would be so unbelievably awesome on the Square-Enix side of E3 if in addition to Bravely Default(name change, please), Kingdom Hearts 3DS, and Theatrhythm, we'd get to hear something on potential 3DS remakes for FFV and/or FFVI, and maybe something regarding a spiritual sequel(or actual sequel) to The World Ends With You for the 3DS.

Must've been the exploding 'zombie' that set off somehow.

In case you fellas didn't notice, when you clear 'Normal' mode, you unlock a very-hard 'Hell mode' where the enemies are more deadly/numerous and resources are fewer.

Speaking generally, I love my 3DS. Can't wait to play all the games coming out for it this year and also see what surprises they unveil at e3.

didn't know that..if that's true, that's another reason for me to be unhappy about the 30 uses rule...

it only takes ~10-15 minutes to get through the demo on normal

Yeah, I think 30 startups is plenty to get through it enough times to decide whether you like the taste you're getting of the game.

I've opened the demo 4 times so far and I'm sure it will have worn out its purpose by the time the game is released.

Edited by ocre

Yeah, I think 30 startups is plenty to get through it enough times to decide whether you like the taste you're getting of the game.

I've opened the demo 4 times so far and I'm sure it will have worn out its purpose by the time the game is released.

I probably won't go through it 15 times, however, when I play game demos, I just expect them to be unlimited in play if not limited in features. Never know when I might suddenly feel nostalgic and want to play it again. I probably spent more time in the Halo PC trial multiplayer than I did the actual purchased game.

I probably won't go through it 15 times, however, when I play game demos, I just expect them to be unlimited in play if not limited in features. Never know when I might suddenly feel nostalgic and want to play it again. I probably spent more time in the Halo PC trial multiplayer than I did the actual purchased game.

You just explained exactly why it's good for the demo to have limited uses.

I own the game =.= I bought it because I wanted to know the story of the game. However, it's much more convenient to just play the trial at school than to install the full game to every random computer I use at school.

Sega had competitions for fastest times on the demo of Sonic Generations to win a copy of the game if I'm not mistaken. I'm sure people had to play lots to come up with the best times possible there. Playing a demo as much as you want is good as long as it is limited enough to not like giveaway the entire game experience.

I still get nostalgic over the RE2 demo that came with my copy of RE:DC. My God...when that demo first came out...!

It's nice to see some of the changes between the demo and the opening of RE2 imo. But that was back when coming across demos of games took effort and cash to get. Now anyone can get demos anytime.

I found a cheap copy of Metroid prime that included a demo disk for Prime 2 and even though I beat Prime 2 before it was still fun to romp through the demo and see how they mish mashed elements from various areas together. You walk through a door and it leads somewhere totally different than it did in the actual game :P

so, I'm really having fun with this demo, getting a feel for the controls and just taking in the sheer beauty of it (minus some stupid low-res textures UGH)... the lighting in particular is quite impressive to me

anyway, is it just me, or can you only use healing items once you've taken extremely heavy damage? I don't really like the idea of not being able to heal because I have too much health remaining, and then getting killed by an enemy that's strong enough to deplete the rest of it :/

Funny how everyone keeps treating that AC 3DS information as new when its been known for quite a while now. But yeah, RELEASE IT ALREADY.

Anyhoo, Mutant Mudds is pretty cool so far.

Clean pixel art graphics! Great chiptune soundtrack as well. Get it!

Also: I think I need a bigger SD card. :x

Edited by ocre

I finally, finally, FINALLY made it to the end of Cave Story 3D. Died on the final boss. This is gonna take some practice.

Worth noting is that spikes tend to blend in well with the scenery, and foreground objects occasionally hide instant death ceiling stalactites. Still, a fun game, and it's nice to have made it this far. Wish I didn't bother getting the Nemesis, though...