3DS: Friend Codes on First Page, OMG THE THIRD DIMENSION

The Damned

• 2 weeks later...

The Mario Kart 7 patch is up on the eShop. It takes 43 blocks, just so ya know.

Mario Kart™ 7

Update Ver. 1.1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is an update for the Mario Kart™ 7 game. This download does not contain the full version of the title. In order to use this update, you must have the full version of Mario Kart 7, which is sold separately.

Downloading this update will resolve shortcut exploits in the following online multiplayer mode courses:

- Wuhu Loop

- Maka Wuhu

- Bowser Castle 1

Starting 5/16/12, this update will be required for online multiplayer mode. You can still playing single-player or local multiplayer without installing the update.

Once the download is complete, the update will be installed automatically. The update will be visible under System Settings > Data Management > Nintendo 3DS > Add-On Content. There will be no gift icon displayed on the HOME Menu after the download is complete. When Mario Kart 7 is launched, "Ver. 1.1" will appear above the Online Multiplayer icon if the update was successful. Deleting the update will require you to download it again to play multiplayer online.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Publisher

Nintendo

Genre

Updates

Related Genres

[updates]

Important Information

This is an update for Mario Kart™ 7 to resolve shortcut exploits in online multiplayer mode. After downloading, confirmation of the update will be visible under System Settings > Data Management > Nintendo 3DS > Add-On Content. This update is required for online multiplayer mode. Deleting the update will require you to download it again to play multiplayer online. You can still play single-player or local multiplayer without installing the update.

ESRB Rating

E for Everyone - Comic Mischief

Edited by Mirby
yeah i was bored

I'm hoping that at E3 this year, they cover that whole digital download thing for 3DS games. Having to take a collection of carts is a bit of a minor hassle, but on-system games makes that easier.

It would depend, of course, how they price it. If I don't have to pay for the cost of the cart, the case, the manual and the transportation of the game itself, then I expect it to be lower than the physical copy.

But knowing how everyone works, I suspect that it will be the same price, or just barely under it.

Demo of Rayman Origins is up today, and after playing some of the demo again (my first time being the PS3 demo) I am reminded how much I HATE that game. It annoys me from beginning to end: the music is stupid, the high-pitched squeaky voices are annoying, the level design is terrible and the controls are some of the worst platforming controls I have ever played. I cannot beat that stupid race against the treasure chest level! :banghead:

And before anyone says it, I am not bad at platformers: just watch this recording of me playing DKCR.

I will give it that the animation and graphics are quite nice, but the gameplay and floaty, slippery controls are just so terrible that I cannot stand to play the game and I will never understand how Yahtzee thought it was better that Mario 3D Land.

Once I realized the game was more about just doing things as quickly as possible the game became much more fun. The jumping feels weird because it's meant to keep you from standing around in one spot too long -- it wants you to keep doing. The control perfectly facilitate time trials and the like. I played it on Wii and, once I got used to it, had no trouble...

... Eeeexcept for an overly-long treasure chest level in water land. It broke me, man. Made me weep with rage. But I did beat the game. Loved it.

Once I realized the game was more about just doing things as quickly as possible the game became much more fun. The jumping feels weird because it's meant to keep you from standing around in one spot too long -- it wants you to keep doing. The control perfectly facilitate time trials and the like. I played it on Wii and, once I got used to it, had no trouble...

... Eeeexcept for an overly-long treasure chest level in water land. It broke me, man. Made me weep with rage. But I did beat the game. Loved it.

I'm still stuck on that treasure chest stage, and it's because i die at the mast at the end.

HOW DO I SURVIVE THAT? ;A;

So after giving the demo a fair shot and after reading through a few reviews and impressions of other versions, the game has started to grow on me. I still think the floaty controls are causing a lot of pointless deaths on the bloody first level of the demo no less. There's also a lot of things you can do with Rayman that aren't particularly explained well, but I'll just chalk that one up to the whole "it's a demo" thing.

I guess what really keeps making me come back to it are the visuals and the music. Hot damn is this game pretty to look at, even on the 3DS screen(and I hope the visuals look better on retail release)! The audio is this weird mix of styles including ambient nature tones, creole bayou music, and I love that it changes dynamically depending on the situation in the current level. One thing that annoys me though is that the audio quality itself is pretty terrible, and is blown out. I'm hoping that this is just another "it's a demo" thing as well, as I think the OST is a treat after listening to it on teh youtubes.

Given that the 3DS version is going to release at $30, I might take the plunge if the reviews for it are favorable(IE. fix the aforementioned problems). If not, I'll grab the PC version most definitely.

Game's so damned pretty...

Edit - So I downloaded and played through the PC demo of the game, and man do I feel like a horse's ass for ever saying the game was crap. The platforming is WAY better, and if the 3DS version had me going nuts over how pretty it was, the PC version has caused me to misplace my jaw somewhere in my room. I'm just gonna grab that version over Steam. Seriously, this game can't be missed, and it's a bloody travesty that it hasn't broken at least 500k in sales.

Shit, maybe I should buy both versions just because of that.

Edited by Malaki-LEGEND.sys

I'm still stuck on that treasure chest stage, and it's because i die at the mast at the end.

HOW DO I SURVIVE THAT? ;A;

There's a mast? I'm on the one where you dive to chase it and go through a dark area filled with spikes and requiring perfect, constant swimming. It's the 9th ruby tooth I need to collect.

... You know, this game plays a lot like Sonic in a way. The emphasis on speed and precision, I mean.