3DS: Friend Codes on First Page, OMG THE THIRD DIMENSION

The Damned

This is all very exciting information. I am excited, as you can no doubt tell by my excited typing.

Nintendo really seems to be stepping up their game. Good on 'em. Can't wait 'til they're actually leading the online space.

I still need to play Pushmo and a bunch of other eShop stuff...

Edited by Malaki-LEGEND.sys

Then why the mail DUCK are you posting here?! This is for those that are HYPE for animal crossing!

I AM THE MOST HYPE FOR THIS GAME!

Seriously, I've thought about it and I haven't been this hype for a game in a long, LONG time. And the reasoning is the best I've ever heard:

You can be the Mayor!

You can wear boots!!

YOU. CAN. SWIM.

Speaking of exciting, I don't mind telling you that
makes me all kinds of moist.

Particularly the part at the 34:30 mark or so.

EDIT: It's the 45-minute long Japanese Nintendo Direct all about Animal Crossing 3DS!

Quite an excellent amount of footage.

I particularly like when they show a few of the hourly tunes. The music in this game sounds like its shaping up to be superb. The rehashed hourly tunes in AC:CF were a bit lazy so its nice to hear some real new stuff. And DJ KK? Sign me up.

They've added so much, it looks like a true evolution of the series in every regard. I am excite :D

I didn't play the WIi version very much, besides being Mayor, what else have they put into the game? I'd hate to just play the same game from the past few editions (gamecube, wii, ds).

Lessee...

• You get to decide what buildings are in your town
  • You can change their hours
  • You can change your pants
  • You can change your shoes too!
  • You can upholster furniture with patterns
  • You can build bridges and add foliage
  • The camera is free-motion in your house now
  • K.K. Slider can become DJ KK with a turntable
  • The tropical island returns as a resort
  • You can swim

That work for you?

And they didn't reuse the same hourly music like they did in the last one (Wii one had the same music they used in Wild World; actually City Folk was pretty much Wild World but prettier, and all the special visitor characters were lopped together and put into the 'city' area of the town, much to the detraction of the village area.)

They have fixed that last thing too. All the shops in the city area seem to be new or fresh versions of old stuff, with few or none of the special visitors present. (Gracie and Katrina haven't been shown to be part of the city area.) Wendall, Sahara, etc. are safe to assume still visit your village.

Adding to mirby's list, you can customize your village even further this time around by adding decorations to the outside of your home, such as park benches, street lamps, jungle gyms, and more. There's a home customization shop run by Tom Nook, where you can choose your style of home, gate, doorway and other things. You can put up certain items and stuff like pictures up on your walls. Pretty awesome.

Lots and lots of new stuff. This is definitely not the half-hearted attempt that City Folk was. It is not a retread of Wild World. If you didn't like the basic flow of the game after playing the other ones and these changes don't interest you, this may not even be the series for you.

Edited by ocre

Hot damn, I just get really excited about playing Animal Crossing on handhelds. I haven't bought a console version since the gamecube one, but I played the hell out of Wild World. I think this is primarily because when I force myself awake at 9:55 on Sunday morning, I need to just be able to reach across my night stand and grab my DS so that I can see what price the turnips are in time....

It's part of the Guild 01 thing; three games are coming here as eShop individuals.

i_35497.jpg

SANTA MONICA, CA (October 4, 2012) – Renowned Japanese video game company LEVEL-5, best known for their critically acclaimed Professor Layton video game series and the upcoming game Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, is bringing three of the studio’s most popular Japanese-only releases to North America this Fall via the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS™. The three titles – LIBERATION MAIDEN, AERO PORTER and CRIMSON SHROUD -- were previously released only in Japan as part of GUILD01, a multi-game pack featuring works by some of the industry’s most respected game creators.

“LEVEL-5 is dedicated to empowering the world’s best game designers with the freedom to create the innovative games they truly want to make featuring the immersive stories they want to tell, and these three games are great examples of that strategy,” said Akihiro Hino, President and CEO of LEVEL-5. “We are extremely proud to bring SUDA51’s LIBERATION MAIDEN to North America and Europe as the first release from the series, offering true game design and production values of the highest quality through a downloadable platform.”

Additional details about North American release dates and pricing for each of the titles will be released soon.

ABOUT LIBERATION MAIDEN

LIBERATION MAIDEN is a full-scale 3D sci-fi shooter created by critically acclaimed developer Goichi Suda, better known as SUDA51, from Grasshopper Manufacture, creators of fan-favorites Lollipop Chainsaw, No More Heroes, Shadows of the Damned and many more. Set 100 years in the future in New Japan, LIBERATION MAIDEN puts players in the role of Shoko Ozora, piloting a humanoid robot called Kamui. The game brings AAA production values to the downloadable market in an unprecedented collaboration of all-star creators in music, art, and design, including breathtaking animation by the acclaimed animation studio, bones. More information on LIBERATION MAIDEN can be found online at http://level5ia.com/blackbox/liberation-maiden/.

ABOUT AERO PORTER

AERO PORTER combines puzzle elements with a simulation of airport operations. Designed by Seaman creator Yoot Saito, the player sorts color-coded luggage onto conveyor belts while avoiding mishaps and delays. Players are also able to design and share their own planes with a wide range of colors and patterns.

ABOUT CRIMSON SHROUD

CRIMSON SHROUD was created by game designer, Yasumi Matsuno, whose previous works include industry cornerstones such as Final Fantasy Tactics, Vagrant Story, and Tactics Ogre. CRIMSON SHROUD is a new RPG that reimagines the table top RPG, and puts the power of the dice in the player’s hands to determine their fates.