3DS: Friend Codes on First Page, OMG THE THIRD DIMENSION

The Damned

Lessee...

That work for you?

I wasn't trying to be a smart alike about the game, honestly. I hadn't looked into what was being changed in it because until recently it seemed so little had been talked about the game over the past nearly 2 years of the 3DS.

That list is some pretty substantial improvements, which I'm happy to see. I may pick it up after all. ;-)

Also, is anyone going to be "shocked" that Nintendo's digital releases of past 3DS games are probably going to be $40 a pop? I'd hate to see them do that, but I won't be surprised if they do it.

Well I dunno, Hamster. It might be great if you did a short write up to help the rest of us out or somethin'. :<

Fine, fine, fine =P

So, real talk, while I liked the prospect of Co-op beat-em-up RPG, I grabbed this more on a support Atlus kinda view.

So I managed to play for a few hours, doing the tutorial and a few story mode mission. First thing that surprised me is the voice acting is great, with great humor. The Music is great as well.

So far the only thing I can't praise is the in game animation, it seems very static and choppy, if you have played Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, it looks a lot like that.

Which leads me to actual gameplay, seeing the animation like that gave me concern that the fighting would be gimped to work with the animation. I'm happy to say that is not the case. The gameplay was everything to these guys developing the game. Each character I've used has a a solid move-list with some awesome abilities for combo's like wall-bounce, ground-bounce, and OTG's. I've enjoyed every character I've used. While you can button mash and get the mission done, you'll feel more accomplished understanding and executing the move set, which compared to current fighting games, these move lists are a piece of cake. Another great thing is that there are two ways which can deal double damage, burst's and lock-on's, you can only lock on to one person, but the burst makes you deal double damage to everything. The great thing is that they stack, bursting on a lock on target does x4 damage. MP system is great in that each melee attack gain's MP, bursting and certain special attacks use MP (and most attacks magic users have use MP)

This is really great for pick up and play style, even for story mode. Each mission has a cutscene before and after the gameplay, and each mission lasts roughly 5 minutes, shorter if things go well for you. You can redo past story missions with all characters that you have picked up so far.

Overview: Code of Princess is excellent for those who just have 5-10 minutes every once in awhile. Not requiring huge chunks of time. Setting, theme, music, story, and voice acting has been great. If you can look past the static animations, the gameplay is fluid and easy to pick up. It's easily a great pick up, and being an Atlus game I could see this being rare quickly.

(I should of just done a swapnote about this, much easier =P)

So against my own initial judgement, I ordered Code of Princess. It came in yesterday and I got to play it for 30 minutes or so before going to bed. I played the tutorial, 5 campaign stages, and tried a couple free stages. Sorry to say, but I don't like this game at all. It runs really choppy, it doesn't make the controls very clear (possibly because of the bad frame rate), and I'm not big on the style of narrative anyway.

I'm not here just to hate on the game, but I want other people out there to know that not everyone thinks it's a great game.

I'll be returning it to get a Moba controller for my phone instead.

The sequel to 999, Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward came out today. Anyone else got it?

So I ordered it, but I haven't even played 999. Cinnamon Jihad has been gushing about it to me and I managed to grab the amazon preorder bonus (The watch from 999) for Cinnamon, then I though if there was so much over this I though I would order it myself. He loved 999 so I thought I would join in on the fun.

So yea, I gotta play 999. Then I'll be hype for Zero Escape. If I don't like it (which I highly doubt) I'll just be able to sell the watch, which seems to be going for a high price due to it's demand. But from what everyone has said about this game I'll be keeping this watch.

Holy sh!t. Well, here is my gush post.

I am really excited for Zero Escape. I've been looking forward to this ever since its announcement. 999 was one of my favourite games on the DS, and I've played quite a few DS games. Luckily it's been getting a lot of love from Kotaku lately, but seriously that game was great. I am all the more hype that Hamster managed to find the preorder watches, because I preordered this awhile ago for 3ds and was pretty bummed that it wasn't going to include the preorder watch with it, but (and I'm sorry for anyone who got screwed by this) but I was really happy for the preorder mess up with amazon so that I could manage to get one.

Anyway, as far as 999 goes for anyone who hasn't played it, it's pretty much a graphic novel with point and click gameplay a la Phoenix Wright and Hotel Dusk. It's definitely heavy on the novel side, but sunnovabitch, it has some really good writing. To me, the game was like a more intense version of a book. I guess my imagination can be limited :P Anyway, I would recommend this game to absolutely anybody who is curious about it with a couple of exceptions -

1 - I must admit that it really isn't gameplay heavy. If you're looking for a whole lot of gameplay and don't care about the story, scratch 999 off your list.

2 - If you are one of those people who get really pissed at the games that require you to play through more than once (despite being able to skip through scenes you've played through before and having new content each playthrough) to unlock the full story, then forget about it. You are required to play through the game at least twice to unlock the true ending. I played through it four times before I finally got the ending (which i was perfectly content doing). Again, there are different puzzles and paths you can take on each playthrough, but you will retread old ground. If that still vexes you though, I probably would steer clear.

However, if you love a good story, please get 999. It is the bees knees. Because of how good the first game is, I am absolutely losing control of my bowels as it's shipping today, particularly cos I've got that sweet watch too! I'll write something when I get done with Zero Escape.

p.s. I've added a bunch of youse folks. Add me if you feel so inclined!

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes *inhales* yes yes yes yes yes

you lucky bastard

I shall second this with another yesyesyesyesyesyesyesdoitnowdoitnowdoitnowarrghhhhhh!!

duly noted.

question 2: why? i've heard vaguely good things but really know very little about the game itself other than it's a ff 3 (US) style game with adjustable class system. those are both good things to me but having some sense of what i'm going into would be nice.

So I don't know how many of you caught the latest Nintendo direct, but Nintendo is really trying to take the eShop as far as they can with a deluge of stuff hitting it within the next few weeks including Virtual Console stuff like Wario Land 2 for the GBC, Ninja Gaiden and Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link for the NES, and new games such as Nightsky, Crashmo, Ikechan, and the Level 5 Guild games starting with Liberation Maiden, as well as a sizable update for Mutant Mudds.

I decided to take the plunge and grab the first Guild game for the $7.99 asking price, and the game is definitely worth said price. It's a relatively simple and short affair; you're the President of New Japan and you're takin' down baddies in an awesome mech armed with weapons used with the 3DS touch screen. It's relatively similar to Kid Icarus in terms of control scheme, although it's much more as if Grasshopper took the land controls of Uprising and mixed 'em with air battles. You'll be alternating between different weapons and special abilities, and overall the game just feels like a fun score attack shmup. It's pretty fun.

All of this in addition to Nintendo starting to release more and more retail games on the eShop, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing: A New Leaf, and more.

Still no NA announcement for Bravely Default though. I'm still a sad panda.