3DS: Friend Codes on First Page, OMG THE THIRD DIMENSION

The Damned

久しぶりにTwitterにアクセスしました。外国の方の声、ちゃんと届いてますよ! I accessed Twitter after a long absence. A voice of the foreign one arrives properly! ※翻訳ソフトを使用してます
海外の方からのコメントがとても多い! 皆様に遊んでもらえるようがんばります! There is very much comment from overseas one! I do my best to have all of you play! ※翻訳ソフトを使用してます^^;

Source 1

Source 2

hints of bravely default's localization? :D

Anyone else disappointed with the Castlevania demo? The game feels slow with low fps and it's a little hard to make out enemies from the background sometimes.

Yes, it was very underwhelming to me. I had kind of a demo day with Castlevania, Sonic All-Star Racing, and Monster Hunter U3. Sonic was passable, but the other two were pretty bland IMO.

But then a few hours later, EO IV arrived to the rescue in my mailbox! Can hardly put that thing down.

I didn't like the Castlevania demo's style being like the PS3 Castelvania (Lords of Shadow) instead of the handheld titles (Order of Eclesia, ect.), on the other hand, I liked it more than the PS3 Castelvania.

It's the Paper Mario: Sticker Star problem, I'll like it, but it won't scratch the itch I've had for the series it's named after.

Fire Emblem froze on my last night. It froze and the game crashed, forcing the system to restart. The only other time it happened was with Virtue's Last Reward, and it ended up corrupting my save. Hopefully that doesn't happen in this one.

I didn't like the Castlevania demo's style being like the PS3 Castelvania (Lords of Shadow) instead of the handheld titles (Order of Eclesia, ect.), on the other hand, I liked it more than the PS3 Castelvania.

It's the Paper Mario: Sticker Star problem, I'll like it, but it won't scratch the itch I've had for the series it's named after.

I can understand where you're coming from as I thought Order of Ecclesia was fantastic, but at the same time I feel that the series needed the Lords of Shadow "branch" desperately; the series hasn't been pulling in the big numbers in awhile and needed that mainstream(or at least larger audience) bump. Who knows? Maybe with a wider audience and great 3DS sales, Konami will get IGA or a qualified successor to bring the SoTN-style back with beautiful 2D backgrounds and deep RPG mechanics(and maybe some LoS-inspired combat!).

It's a shame that Mercury Steam already said they wanted to move on from Castlevania after Lords of Shadow 2, because I really feel that a more "traditional"(I guess) experience a la Order of Ecclesia/Aria of Sorrow Metroidvania could reasonably coexist with the more combat and platforming of Lords of Shadow without cannibalizing sales figures.

Oh well... Back on the 3DS hype train!!!

Is the 3DS Shinobi any good?

And by 'any good,' I mean "Does it keep itself free of lame touch-screen or 3D camera or gyroscopic gimmicks which plagued the launch titles of the DS?"

I just want a good 2D platformer...

The sidescrolling sections are really fun, and if you've ever played Shinobi III on Sega Genesis it plays similarly to it in a lot of ways, though with some added features like parrying. There are some short horse riding stages that are a little gimmicky with the perspective but they don't detract too much from the experience.

Maybe not worth getting at full price (I dunno how much its gone down though), but maybe if you can find it a little cheaper or used I'd say give it a go. Just my opinion of course. Its been a while since I've played it so I could be missing some things.