3DS: Friend Codes on First Page, OMG THE THIRD DIMENSION

The Damned

• 2 weeks later...

So, a game I've been wanting to be localized for almost a year now is finally slated to come to the U.S. and E.U.

A tank shooter directed by the Hiroshi Iuchi of Ikaruga fame, Kokuga!

http://kokuga.net/index_e.html

Unfortunately, it will be eshop-only. Which is a shame, because the Japanese release was really slick, with a soundtrack CD included. It's hard to get niche genres published with physical copies, I guess.

Still, this brings the number of games that would justify me buying a 3DS up to three!

• 3 weeks later...

So.... Anyone try those streetpass games yet? They're $5 each which seems kinda steep for games whose features are so dependent on streetpassing people regularly. Pretty funny watching the salesbunny when you say you're not buying, though.

That said, they also released 3 new puzzles for puzzle swap: Skyward Sword, Xenoblade, and, uh, something else. Dunno yet.

Unfortunately, it will be eshop-only. Which is a shame, because the Japanese release was really slick, with a soundtrack CD included. It's hard to get niche genres published with physical copies, I guess.

yeah that's how most games get released in japan i got like 4 of the 6 games i bought there with bonus stuff

also this game isn't even really all that popular in japan it was less than half price about 3 months after launch. i'd be interested to hear what your criteria for 'interesting' is

Well, "interesting" in that it's a shmup (which is always interesting), that it's a tactical tank-based shooter, which is not the norm, and that it's headed up by one of my favorite still-active companies, G.REV. It's basically an old-school game released on new hardware, which is, for me, always something to be excited about. Professional arcade-style games are very rare these days, outside of a small PC niche.

is always a plus (which is why the lack of soundtrack CD is saddening).

Bahamut and I got the chance to put some heavy work into the new games last night thanks to a respectable amount of StreetPasses at the local Video Games Live (which Jill did an amazing job singing at, btw). We both felt Mii Force and Warrior's Way were pretty great. Monster Manor is fairly fun as well. Flower Town is aesthetically nice, but fairly pointless, especially if you have Animal Crossing and are watering your shit-ton of plants in that game already.

But the biggest thing we took out of the new games was how clearing out your StreetPasses is going to be a nightmare at MAGFest now. Everyone's gonna be on their 3DS ALL THE TIME.

EDIT: As best I can tell there's only 4 new puzzles: Xenoblade Chronicles, Nintendo Starlets, New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi U, and Skyward Sword.

Edited by Arrow

To my knowledge, 4 puzzles were added the other day: Skyward Sword, Xenoblade, Mario & Luigi Dream Team, and... one other. I forget.

It's pretty awesome for Xenoblade to get a puzzle, though! It shows Nintendo knows it's a pretty popular game.

• 3 weeks later...

Heads up, folks! For those of us in North America, Kirby's Dream Land 2 hits the Virtual Console today.

also because this is a relevant thread for it, until the end of August, if you get and register both Fire Emblem: Awakening (even if it's been registered since launch) and Shin Megami Tensei IV with your Club Nintendo account, you'll get a $30 eShop credit. You can even use it on your Wii U if you want, the credit isn't only for 3DS.

Did anyone else get those streetpass plaza games? They are actually fun and really solid! Mii Force is the best, but Ghost Hunt is a pretty cool lite RPG, and Flower Town is surprisingly engrossing. The army one is basically rock paper scissors with some spice added to it, and is probably the weakest of the 4 games, but still enjoyable.

In fact, these games might be TOO robust. You rely on streetpass for your playable time and sometimes that just doesn't feel like enough. And that 10 play coins per day limit is really, really low when you want to top up in any game.

So SteamWorld Dig came out this week, and it's a fun little Western-themed Metroidvania in which everyone is a robot. The twist is that you create your own pathways by digging through the ground, uncovering various gems that you sell to buy upgrades while also finding new abilities as you dig deeper and deeper into the ground.

Really tight gameplay (you can even wallkick Mega Man X style), great 2D graphics, highly HIGHLY recommended.

It's only $9 on the eShop. I got it with that $30 credit from getting SMTIV. :D

oh also, original DK is coming to 3DS VC on the 15th, Wario Land 3 is hitting on the 29th, Tecmo Bowl is kicking off next month, and both 3DS and Wii U will get SMB3 later this year.

No idea why Nintendo always insists on using the NES version of DK that is missing an entire level. Why they don't ever have the original arcade DK for VC is beyond me. The NES port was good back in the day but it is clearly inferior to the original

But yes.. DK '94 / DK GB... amazing amazing game. Had this and a Super GB back in the day, fun times :) Wish the 3DS VC version of DK '94 / DK GB had the Super GameBoy features

Edited by Crowbar Man

Yeah it is very disappointing that after Mario Vs DK (GBA) semi revived the original Donkey Kong (non-Country) "series" it quickly then became something completely different :/ Here is hoping we can get another DK '94 style game sometime in the future. '94 ... 2004 .... maybe 2014? Probably not

Edited by Crowbar Man