Sawtoothin(first Protools track :) )

SonicThHedgog

I think i posted this b4, and i did not post the finish , this is very rushed 3 months ago :P so im posting this to show as my first protools track rather then using ableton.

i will post my thaughts on the daw later ;)

*P.S* bitrate does sound a bit crappy cause im on a crap interface with no real A/D converter, so its not the best 24bit(nor worst), just to let you audio whores know....

heres a quick track

http://soundcloud.com/aires/at-first-i-was-like

*note* this track is finished.

all I'm going to say is that... your audio interface has NO EFFECT on electronic music that is rendered in an audio program. If you were recording real instruments, it would matter, but when you make electronic music in a DAW, its just binary data. Your soundcard/audio interface has NO PART in the rendering of the music. It might.. but not to the extent you think it does.

all I'm going to say is that... your audio interface has NO EFFECT on electronic music that is rendered in an audio program. If you were recording real instruments, it would matter, but when you make electronic music in a DAW, its just binary data. Your soundcard/audio interface has NO PART in the rendering of the music. It might.. but not to the extent you think it does.

Yes it does, especially if your using effect, it also affects your sample rate and bit depth, accurate monitering/mixing,Latency,headroom and other things that I dont remember.

but card does not excuse for bad mixing.

it helps with less stress on opening and using vst but your cpu and memory are usually the main factors.

(also people with audio interface's for designed for music design/recording will not notice a diffrence from higher end devices).

As good as stock sound chips/card are, there still not designed for music, but now adays you may not even need to buy one depending on what your doing.

heres a example

off card, very well mixed, one of my favorite songs.

http://soundcloud.com/slut1/slut1-i-came-slut1s-theme

Oncard

( i will change the link to another soundcloud user in the morning to make it more fair altho, mau5 mixes some of his other stuff with vst's and does not always use hardware synths)

running on a Rme i believe

http://soundcloud.com/fuckmylife/meowingtons-hax-more

last. this thread is not about production, its the track > : (

NO! You are completely wrong. I don't understand where you are getting your information but it is wrong. I don't even believe this.

Sure the card might output sound to your speakers better than a default card will, but again, thats your card coloring the sound. It has no effect on what you do in your daw.

I give up. Wherever you're getting your information from, just stop.

DJ SymBiotiX is correct - your audio interface has no effect on the end product insomuch as to how it sounds, and judging by the song, you shouldn't have even necessarily needed an audio interface to even make it. The purpose of an audio interface is for the most part to provide the computer with connectors to a host of music recording/monitoring devices with standardized ports. It does not make a recording better or worse. The only issue I have heard of with audio interfaces with regards to music is input delay. Mixing/mastering can be done with headphones as well, so a good audio interface isn't vital there unless you want the absolute top notch mixing/mastering done, and even then you need the skills & monitoring equipment first.

Stop spreading misinformation.

As for the song itself, the samples aren't that great, and there are mixing issues abound. Clarity is lacking quite a bit, and the song sounds thin on the mid-high frequencies.

DJ SymBiotiX is correct - your audio interface has no effect on the end product insomuch as to how it sounds, and judging by the song, you shouldn't have even necessarily needed an audio interface to even make it. The purpose of an audio interface is for the most part to provide the computer with connectors to a host of music recording/monitoring devices with standardized ports. It does not make a recording better or worse. The only issue I have heard of with audio interfaces with regards to music is input delay. Mixing/mastering can be done with headphones as well, so a good audio interface isn't vital there unless you want the absolute top notch mixing/mastering done, and even then you need the skills & monitoring equipment first.

Stop spreading misinformation.

As for the song itself, the samples aren't that great, and there are mixing issues abound. Clarity is lacking quite a bit, and the song sounds thin on the mid-high frequencies.

mixing is not the main point of my post, but as you said you would if you like that kinda mixing, but i never said its required. im sure im not being misinformative..

As for the song Its very rushed, all i did was make it and export it with a increase on the master mixer, this track is missing more then a upper mid gain (the same for my last dance mix but I already fixed only one problem ) i may make/upload a less repetive version of this to as malice said:P.

which samples? the spikes i took from sonic 3, the kick or cyb thing.

Ah, audiophiles fighting always brings a smile to my cold, blackened heart.

Anyway this track was rather trippy. That bass drives me freakin' bananas though. It's sounds all.....grindy and stuff.... and that weird build up sound @ 2:55 made me lol.

The beat is pretty hypnotic though. If I was a stoner I'd be in the 4th dimension listening to it.

I also like the absence of random bells