What software to use

Hello all. I'm a song-writing guitarist who is used to tracking his songs with a mic. I'll long-loved video game music and wish to get into remixes, and some original, digital compositions.

What software do you all recommend, and for what are they used? I'm use once I get my hands on the proper software and pointed in the right direction, with some time and patience I could learn to do pretty well.

Thanks for any advice you can give :)

Hello all. I'm a song-writing guitarist who is used to tracking his songs with a mic. I'll long-loved video game music and wish to get into remixes, and some original, digital compositions.

What software do you all recommend, and for what are they used? I'm use once I get my hands on the proper software and pointed in the right direction, with some time and patience I could learn to do pretty well.

Thanks for any advice you can give :)

any.......... try ableton tho. the time line is very good for live recording as well directly or with mic'd amp/cab

it says ableton 7 cause the tutorial was made with it, but newer version 8 is no much diffrent. good luck!

For entry-level stuff - if you haven't done much sequencing and stuff, I'd recommend Mixcraft/GarageBand depending on your platform. Mixcraft is cheap and learning to use it means you'll know enough of how stuff works to handle almost any DAW. REAPER is also an option, since its demo is completely unrestricted.

If you know that stuff already, and your focus is gonna be recording stuff, Cubase is a good option, tho all DAWs have audio editing and recording functionality. The more sequencing-oriented can work with FL Studio (tho again, all DAWs can do audio). On mac, there's Logic... and Cubase. There's a plethora of other software out there, and most of it can do most of the stuff one way or another. Just try demos and find something you're comfortable with.