Resident Evil!

ShadowBlade

I never played that game. But I really like first film.

As for the mix. Interesting melody(don't know the source).

Strings sounds too "midish" to my ears, same as drums section.

Also drums don't have any sense imo. You may try use some effects on them(distortion, filter effects or something), it can give em some "Resident Evil" atmosphere.

Some parts of your mix sounds off-rhythm, hope you understand what I mean. Piano going in it's own way, different from other instruments. That could be interesting as idea, but it just bothering my ears.

Overall I want to say that I like it! Some work and this mix will be great!

P.S. Try http://tindeck.com/ or http://soundcloud.com/ for host your works. YouTube SUCKS!:mrgreen:

P.P.S. Read my sig!

I never played that game. But I really like first film.

As for the mix. Interesting melody(don't know the source).

Strings sounds too "midish" to my ears, same as drums section.

Also drums don't have any sense imo. You may try use some effects on them(distortion, filter effects or something), it can give em some "Resident Evil" atmosphere.

Some parts of your mix sounds off-rhythm, hope you understand what I mean. Piano going in it's own way, different from other instruments. That could be interesting as idea, but it just bothering my ears.

Overall I want to say that I like it! Some work and this mix will be great!

P.S. Try http://tindeck.com/ or http://soundcloud.com/ for host your works. YouTube SUCKS!:mrgreen:

P.P.S. Read my sig!

Yay feedback at last. Thank you

Muahahaha yes! I intentionally kept the piano playing the melody at it's regular pace for several reasons 1. when I sped it up, it didn't sound much like the source anymore. 2. I thought it was more atmospheric and chaotic with the main melody being slower than the rhythm.

I'm not certain what you mean by "drums don't have any sense"? Drums are inanimate, they don't have sense lol

I shall post it to soundcloud now. I don't get all this youtube hate.

hmmm. . .it's okay, I guess. . .it is one of my personal faves in the RE series. The drum part feels weird tho. . .bu I guess everyone has their own way of re-interpreting VG tunes nowadays.

me and my bandmate did a cover of it in one of our sessions 6 years ago but we forgot to press REC. . .we don't like playing the same thing twice (especially in an okay crowd) >sigh!<

I love the atmospheric quality you get by having the piano be rhythmically ambiguous, for what it's worth. That's this piece's "thing."

My main complaint would be lack of any real climax, or direction. It's 20 seconds of intro and then 3 minutes of pretty much the same exact thing. I think you could do more with the string parts than just sustained tones, too.

I love the atmospheric quality you get by having the piano be rhythmically ambiguous, for what it's worth. That's this piece's "thing."

My main complaint would be lack of any real climax, or direction. It's 20 seconds of intro and then 3 minutes of pretty much the same exact thing. I think you could do more with the string parts than just sustained tones, too.

Thanks man. Finally someone else who digs the crazy piano!

I'm gonna keep building off this mix keeping you people's suggestions in mind.

So I'm going to add in some bigger, more intense build-up to the end. I personally like the fade out with the metallic slam, but I'll try to come up with something better leading up to it. I fear that if I add in too many more original parts, there will be hardly anything left of the source.

I'm not certain what to do with the string parts besides sustained notes and suspensions. I'd add in more counter melodies but I'm pretty sure it would get muddy and more dissonant than necessary.

I dunno I'll cook up something and then post it when I got it updated. Probably tomorrow.