Sonic the Hedgehog 3 - Ice Cap Zone remix

Mikesch

Any feedback is always a plus.

I know...Your thread has like 50 views but it says the song only has 15 plays and no feedback.......srsly people, I don't know why you view the thread if you have no intention of listening to the person's music.

That aside,

I liked the arrangement, though it gets a tad boring after a while. Like you said it's pretty laid back. My only issue with this song really is that the intensity is sorta the same throughout......I kept waiting for this one really big, epic chorus to come out and just punch me in the face......but it didn't happen.

Here's my take on Sonic the Hedgehog 3 - Ice Cap Zone. Fairly laid back.

Original -

Remix - http://soundcloud.com/drgigglebytes/sonics-snow-shoes

Download - http://www.box.net/shared/lv0ylfquro

Any feedback is always a plus.

its a good track, nice and covery, but try to add more original spots to fit, altho i think its fine already, but its is really laid back and could be found as boring after someplays.

I know...Your thread has like 50 views but it says the song only has 15 plays and no feedback.......srsly people, I don't know why you view the thread if you have no intention of listening to the person's music.

Haha, nailed it. Thx for feedback.

Someone's a little angry for no reason. People are allowed to view a thread when they want. If they posted without listening, you would be right.

Anyways:

The bass seems reaaaally simple. The drum samples aren't that great in the beginning, only better when the kick came in.

I'm not liking your basslines at all. All you really did is apply a slightly changed rhythm to the original bassline. There's an extreme lack of strong chords, so it sounds really empty. The leads are also really simple synths. I agree, it gets really repetitive, and there's barely any original material here compared to just what sounds like a MIDI rip with parts weaving in and out of Ice Cap zone. Only some of the melodies are original, but that's basically it. Regardless of repeating a few parts too much and lack of originality, the arrangement's pretty cool.

Someone's a little angry for no reason. People are allowed to view a thread when they want. If they posted without listening, you would be right.

Didn't say they weren't allowed. There's just so many great remixes on this site that have plenty of views but absolutely no feedback. I didn't want this remix to become one of those.

Overall, I thought it was pretty sweet. It's got a good "chillax" vibe to it, like you said. I let it play through a couple of times, and didn't find myself wanting to shut it off.

At 2:39 and 2:46, you had what sounded like a sound effect from the game (Sonic skidding to a halt, maybe?). I thought that was cool; I would've liked to hear that a couple more times.

The balance was pretty good, but it probably wouldn't hurt to turn up the upper voices (does that term even apply to this genre? Maybe treble's a better word) just a tad in the spots with heavier bass voices. I lost some of the melodic material.

I will have to agree with the people who posted before me that it stagnates after awhile: there's no build-up, high point, or wind-down. Harmonically, it never goes anywhere new: you can get away with that for a couple minutes, but five minutes is too long.

On the whole, though, I definitely enjoyed it! Nice work!