Sonic Adventure - Open Your Heart (Pendulum)

PrototypeRaptor

oh man I forgot about me and him being pals and all. YOU NEVER KNOW

also the next update will have some more typical Raptor-things in it, as I'd hate to let down your fidgety-electro-dub ear

PS why don't you answer emails

YES BE MORE TYPICAL PLZ

regarding your last statement, I've sent you a private message with my email address, perhaps you've got it wrong? dunno... hopefully we can figure it out

Alright, here's (probably) the final version.

http://soundcloud.com/prototyperaptor/open

I have a few people who would like to do the vocals, but I'm so sick of this track...

next time, next time

Anyway, no dubstep/fidget elements, but there is a solo, and some more vocoder action...

I'll work harder to be more typical next time :D

Did someone say SUPER-SONIC-RAVE-PARTY!!!

This is THE best reinterpretation of "Open Your Heart" I have ever heard. I also heard very faint traces of "Can You Feel The Sunshine."

Instruments are spot on. If the lyrics were any different and not video game related, I would send this to the major recording companies.

My only complaint would be that the vocals need some improvement. The moment I realized this was when the vocalist sang the main line "Open your heart" as "Open yerr heart". Enunciation is key for any song with vocals.

Of course, I see that you are not accepting any more vocals, so I wish it the best of luck.

you don't have to add the dubbyness. honestly i think it's cool when artists do things their fans don't want them to necessarily be doing because it's not what they usually do. just as long as you don't go the way of linkin park, you know.

• 1 month later...

Hey everybody,

Finally got around to mastering this and submitting it. We'll see what the judges say!

For those of you who can't wait for a verdict, here's the track in downloadable form:

http://prototyperaptor.bandcamp.com/track/sonic-adventure-open-your-heart-remix

This was fun, and now I have a vocalist who wants to do another track like this one - so do you guys have any suggestions for sources??

Thank you for that download link. I'm sure you had a bunch of people bugging you for it :nicework:

This track is just epic. A lot of people are giving you grief over the vocals, but personally I like them as they are. If you're looking for another track to do in a similar style, SAB2's theme song 'Live and Learn' is pretty badass... Actually I might do that one myself for shits and gigs, myself, lol.

Hey everybody,

Finally got around to mastering this and submitting it. We'll see what the judges say!

For those of you who can't wait for a verdict, here's the track in downloadable form:

http://prototyperaptor.bandcamp.com/track/sonic-adventure-open-your-heart-remix

This was fun, and now I have a vocalist who wants to do another track like this one - so do you guys have any suggestions for sources??

Live and Learn, anyone?