Which is better for my piece? guitar or piano?

Cardboardowl

img.php?fid=1053 <------ Guitar

img.php?fid=1054 <----Piano

I wrote a song, it's a theme for the first town in an rpg. You know that town, you've seen it a hundred times. it's a pallet town, lumbridge, the little nameless village where you start your epic journey.

This isn't a pallet town remix, thats just a comparison. This is one of my own works.

Anyway, I can't decide whether it sounds better for piano or guitar. Im leaning towards piano right now cause it sounds kind of too high on one guitar part, but I really like how the one part near the end sounds on guitar rather then piano.

What do you think?

Use both. Use the guitar one as the song that actually plays during the village, and use the piano version as a reprise for the "end credits song that combines all the themes in the game" later on. Or vice-versa. For the purposes of the description of where the song is meant to be played, the guitar would be better. But you should never let a good piano arrangement go to waste.

• 2 weeks later...