The Moon Theme from DuckTales on piano

phoenixnomore

:o :OOOOOO

Oh my god man, beautiful. Bloody excellent use of chords; the sus4 near the beginning was inspired. I am in love with those chords. What was that replacement for the minor 4? It was SO GOOD!

In complete contrast to your wonderful arrangement and playing, the quality was terrible. Nowhere near loud enough either.

You know, you could always hit me up with a MIDI or something and we could get it sub'able. ;D

Talkin' bout Duck Tales OoOO-Oooo

Not familiar with the Duck Tales game. I disagree with Protodome, I didn't find the quality bad. Though there is little bit of static goin' on. As for volume, just crank up your speakers guys. Problem solved.

Overall it was well played but in my opinion you should expand upon it. You know, bass percussion etc. Then it could be truly mind blowing!

As for your piano tone you're talking about. I'm not a tone whore but for me the piano was just "meh".

As for volume, just crank up your speakers guys. Problem solved.

No, problem not solved. That's not good practice man. You want your track to be hitting at least 0 dB, in other words, normalising. I guess you could just go ahead and ignore the noise and low volume, but I would've thought you'd like to polish off your tracks with industry-standard production rather than leaving it sounding ameturish.

Also Nase had a good point there, some stereo between the two extremities of the keyboard would be nice.

No, problem not solved. That's not good practice man. You want your track to be hitting at least 0 dB, in other words, normalising. I guess you could just go ahead and ignore the noise and low volume, but I would've thought you'd like to polish off your tracks with industry-standard production rather than leaving it sounding ameturish.

You mean it doesn't get louder when I turn up my speakers lol? I also never said to ignore the noise.

As for polishing off my tracks with super high quality production....yeah I know this a remixing website and the main focus on this site IS "the mix" but I'm not a record producer. I've always focused on musicianship, composition and showmanship. As long as it's not recorded in a tin can I'm cool with.

and phoenixnomore definitely has the skillz

ProtoDome, Nase and ShadowBlade:

Thank you so much for your very helpful feedback!

To eliminate the possibility that some/all of the audio problems in the video are related to the YouTube conversion, I decided to upload an mp3 instead:

https://sites.google.com/site/pianodemos/files/moon_theme.mp3

The problem with hissing and distortion is one that frustrates me. The piano I used for this recording was PianoTeq, which is based on physical modelling rather than sampling. If you do not tweak it exactly right, it seems to cause a lot of weird audio effects, at least in some speakers/headphones.

Anyway. I also turned on PianoTeq's internal limiter and normalized the clip.

So; did any issues get resolved? If not, do you have any specific recommendations on what could be done eq- or compressor-wise?

Again, thank you so much!

Hahaha, yep. This is much much better. Personally, I'd like a little more on the high end EQ-wise, but it's all down to taste. I really love this arrangement you know (apart from the abrupt ending, but meh, you're not planning on changing it), you Subbing this? Pretty sure it would pass.

Damn, I've gotta cover the Moon theme now, I'm all inspired. ;D

Hahaha, yep. This is much much better. Personally, I'd like a little more on the high end EQ-wise, but it's all down to taste. I really love this arrangement you know (apart from the abrupt ending, but meh, you're not planning on changing it), you Subbing this? Pretty sure it would pass.

Damn, I've gotta cover the Moon theme now, I'm all inspired. ;D

Indeed. Phoenix should submit it.

"Life is like a hurricane....here in......duckburg"