Luck&Fortune (Pokémon Silver Lucky Channel Remix)

eilios

First off, I think the synths in the beginning come off too harsh. Perhaps quiet them down, or have them fade to their full loudness gradually, while bringing in some other stuff later on in the intro. It just sounds really opaque, if you know what I mean. (There's also some dissonance in some of the early parts after the intro, watch out for that)

I think that with a touch of reverb on your leads and some better EQ (i.e. turning down the ranges you don't want in each instrument, it would sound a lot better. (I'm no professional, but this is just coming from my personal experiences)

In terms of the arrangement itself, I don't think there's enough variation in it. That main phrase is played way too many times throughout the mix. Here's what I like to do (and you don't have to do this, lol, this is just what I do when I'm having trouble with arrangement): Take the lead, or a slight variation of the lead, and see how many different chords/progressions you can make around that lead. Once you find a good chord progression, you can "let the song write itself." Lol not really, but you can find even different chords that work. Get what I'm saying?

First off, I think the synths in the beginning come off too harsh. Perhaps quiet them down, or have them fade to their full loudness gradually, while bringing in some other stuff later on in the intro. It just sounds really opaque, if you know what I mean. (There's also some dissonance in some of the early parts after the intro, watch out for that)

I think that with a touch of reverb on your leads and some better EQ (i.e. turning down the ranges you don't want in each instrument, it would sound a lot better. (I'm no professional, but this is just coming from my personal experiences)

In terms of the arrangement itself, I don't think there's enough variation in it. That main phrase is played way too many times throughout the mix. Here's what I like to do (and you don't have to do this, lol, this is just what I do when I'm having trouble with arrangement): Take the lead, or a slight variation of the lead, and see how many different chords/progressions you can make around that lead. Once you find a good chord progression, you can "let the song write itself." Lol not really, but you can find even different chords that work. Get what I'm saying?

I'll do a bit more stuff with filters and such, and yeah, I do agree, the main theme is a bit overplayed. I'll fix that in the newer version.

EDIT: Newer version!

http://tindeck.com/listen/zkvl