Sony "Next Generation Portable" (NGP) (Codename)

Crowbar Man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsAq-sMLTEw

@ 3:15

Wow, really? THAT'S what the touch panel is going to be used for? Yeah. Giving my PSP2 a sensual massage makes me feel like i'm really in the game. I mean really? and people say Nintendo is gimmicky.

Agreed. When I first got wind of the 'rear touch panel', it sounded like a stupid idea, and I really couldn't see any real use for it. And after seeing that vid earlier, I'm even less hot on it.

It is, literally pointless. That crawling rope action is something that could very well be done (and has been done since the dawn of time) with regular input methods.

I thought it was for Neo Geo Pocket.

Now that I've slept and had a good look at the pics, it does look very nice. Thin, but not really thin so that it seems like it would snap in half. It doesn't change up the controls much (I'm sorry, but that pad on the back just seems unnecessary, it's like they want to say "Look! We have TWO touch screen! Top that!"), but Sony is not known for really messing around with what works.

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE PRICE AND BATTERY? Are we going to have to wait until E3 this year or something?

In case none has stated it earlier ITT, it stands for "Nintendo Got Pwned".

not really?

I mean, yeah, the PSP2 and new ipod touch's screens look nice, but that's a little excessive, don't you think?

hell no, that's fucking awesome

"let's square the size of the PSP2's screen just because"

So far they are saying the "NGP" will have about the same battery life of the original PSP which by Sony's definition is 3-5 Hours. Though hopefully it should probably lean towards 5 because the PSP had the power draining UMD drive to deal with

Keep in mind, the 3DS has this same estimated battery life w/ the 3D effect on. It does not have the long battery life of its predecessors

Quad Core Cortex A9 ARM CPU

PowerVR SGXMP (Quad Core GPU)

GPS

3G Data Access (in Japan at least)

Wifi (b/g/n)

Bluetooth

This thing will not have 5 hours of battery life. The OLED screen will help with the power saving, but I just can't see how this will have even 3 or 4 hours of life.

Well, if you play a game with the GPS Over 3G/Wifi and use a Bluetooth device, sure, i doubt it'll run the full "5"

But same with cell phones: Disable those when your NOT using them, and you'll get more out of it.

With scaling, more cores are actually better for battery life. 4 cores running at %25 would take less energy than a single core 100%

Just for fun (And because I'm bored): (It may take a second to load)

I mean, yeah, the PSP2 and new ipod touch's screens look nice, but that's a little excessive, don't you think?

Get a phone before made before 2009 and try to browse the web on it, and you'll understand.

That 3G will go to waste if they don't include a real web browser in it. Though seeing Sony's history with browsers I'm gonna have wait and see first :whatevaa:

Get a phone before made before 2009 and try to browse the web on it, and you'll understand.

I'm pretty sure nobody would actively be trying to browse the web on their phones if they weren't actively being told by media moguls every day that it's something they care about