Sega just called OC ReMix out...

Liontamer

I have to say atleast one thing came from this challenge I myself as a listener and not a remixer was able to take from the challenge was introduction to a system I never knew existed before. Even if it was a learning tool it's still neat to see some of the side systems and ideas that were put together.

Regarding the official SEGA Twitter account, it is run by both Community Management teams in America AND the UK.

The person responsible for the 'call out' would be the guy working in the UK department, and also a very good friend of mine. Usually if you ever see OCR getting mentioned in the official SEGA's blogs then chances are it's him doing the writing.

He himself is a pretty big fan of OverClocked Remix and he does what he can to help spread the word on this place.

Personaly, he's a really good contact to have.

Now get on the dance floor ~ *boogie NiGHTS*

• 2 weeks later...
Lol, bruv. I was honestly waiting for you to show up in here! XD

Been about for a fair while, just not posted... you and TRiP need to come around our place sometime soon DiG' to hang out with me and Becky.

Brandon: Don't worry, I've no clue who you are either... and are just as enthused about finding out. :<

Been about for a fair while, just not posted... you and TRiP need to come around our place sometime soon DiG' to hang out with me and Becky.

Brandon: Don't worry, I've no clue who you are either... and are just as enthused about finding out. :<

Indeed we do! We shall arrange something.

Also, it's just dawned on me that you are one of the very few people to have heard Lucid Dreaming in it's entirety. Check you, being all V.i.P like.

Aww HORSESHIT!!

I mean it's great to see that they recognize the hard work that went into the music from their games, and all, but this line is a bit of a punch in the face...

"Well, lo and behold the gauntlet was well and truly picked up by not one but two remixers, or so I hear..."

I'm assuming he's talking about Zircon and Willrock, in that case (since they're the first two to respond), but what about the other people to send their offerings to the PICO gods above? I'm counting not one, but two people who've also announced finishing remixes on other tracks from that system that are not getting a nod, here. What, efforts from non-posted mixers aren't a 'true' enough attempt to remix a track? :?

No grudge against those involved, but that sorta' hurts, man.

Aww HORSESHIT!!

I mean it's great to see that they recognize the hard work that went into the music from their games, and all, but this line is a bit of a punch in the face...

I'm assuming he's talking about Zircon and Willrock, in that case (since they're the first two to respond), but what about the other people to send their offerings to the PICO gods above? I'm counting not one, but two people who've also announced finishing remixes on other tracks from that system that are not getting a nod, here. What, efforts from non-posted mixers aren't a 'true' enough attempt to remix a track? :?

...i doubt they looked through the forums and were like LO AND BEHOLD A BUCH OF PEOPLE SAID THEY REMIXED THINGS they just looked at the front page jeez

Aww HORSESHIT!!

Relax dude, more will probably come, its just zircon and I practically gave in our tracks at the same time (assuming he IS talking about me as well as zircon) and first of everyone afaik. Zircon beat me by a few hours iirc :P

That doesn't mean that other peoples efforts won't be just as appreciated. Also bare in mind this was posted 2 weeks ago, so some others might not have even finished their tracks at that point, which are done now.

I'm not really heated over the dude making the article (hey, he won't go reading the thread about this, I'm sure). I'm just a little disappointed that his sources ignored everyone else whom were putting effort in it (don't know who it is, won't make any assumptions), time assumptions included (I looked at that, already). It represents a rather not-nice mindset about non-posted peeps, is all, if attempts by non-posties are simply brushed off as nothing real significant.

Yeah, I'm venting 'bout it now and probably won't think anything of it the next day, but read between the lines of that source, there. Intentional or not, it's not a very nice sentiment coming from there.

I won't go on about it (ranting about it will make me an ass, really), but I just want to point it out.

(btw, the

is really a movie quote (see 0:21), so don't take that too personally, there... I can understand that doesn't translate well over the internet)

I'm not really heated over the dude making the article (hey, he won't go reading the thread about this, I'm sure). I'm just a little disappointed that his sources ignored everyone else whom were putting effort in it (don't know who it is, won't make any assumptions), time assumptions included (I looked at that, already). It represents a rather not-nice mindset about non-posted peeps, is all, if attempts by non-posties are simply brushed off as nothing real significant.

Yeah, I'm venting 'bout it now and probably won't think anything of it the next day, but read between the lines of that source, there. Intentional or not, it's not a very nice sentiment coming from there.

I won't go on about it (ranting about it will make me an ass, really), but I just want to point it out.

Don't worry about it man. I know how you feel. Really :P

That said, he said as far as he'd been told - I assume by larry - 2 remixes had been done. That probably means only two at that point were passable, which could mean any of us. I wouldn't take it too personally. Heck, you want, just tweet the guy your remix, I know zircon did ;)