OCR02171 - Donkey Kong Country 2 "The Forest That Never Sleeps"

djpretzel

As usual another dk remix added to my collection all hail HALC :D I knew I'd even like it before listening to it,

anyway I'm a bit confused I have a dk remix and its the forest thats never sleeps from vgmix and I think the artist is Halcyon so was that you all the time ?! if so how can I download the rest of your old vg remixes?

As usual another dk remix added to my collection all hail HALC :D I knew I'd even like it before listening to it,

anyway I'm a bit confused I have a dk remix and its the forest thats never sleeps from vgmix and I think the artist is Halcyon so was that you all the time ?! if so how can I download the rest of your old vg remixes?

yup, that's me! that was the first song i submitted to OCR (rejected, obviously), but I've always liked the title so it carried over when i made this. :lol:

i'll upload a zip of my old pre-ocr mixes soon. glad you enjoyed the mix, and thanks everyone else for all the comments as well! <3

edit: http://halc9bit.com/private/oldstuff.zip

You got my heart with this one dude. Well done indeed.

Awesome beginning, but at 2:25 somewhere you open a whole new world..

Absolutely f''king beautiful.

5 Shiny Stars

pfff :P

really, thank you man, that means so much to me.. you are a powerful musical inspiration in my life :)

Dude, where do you find time to make awesome mixes + your EP + projects? XD

Nice job!

lol. the tricky part is trying to make time for everything else! (yknow, sleep, work, sex, ect.) :P

really though, I just like to have a lot of stuff in progress all at once so I have options as to what to work on, because I tend to knock out a good minute or two of a mix all at once and then get burned out on it. i also tend to finish lots of stuff all at once.

And who said that OCR hates chiptunes? :P This is a great example of how to integrate them into a piece.

This is an incredible source tune, and an awesome remix. The use of many different timbres is excellent. Maybe it's just the chiptunes getting to me, but I hear a clear FF reference at 3:02.

Halc continues to do inspired work that manages to be both progressive and nostalgic at the same time. Dunno how that works, but I definitely want more of it sooner rather than later.

Love this mix.

Halc, you are a amazing at drum programming. That's one of my favorite thing about your mixes.

I'll be honest this was one of the first remixes I've heard from you (if I recall at least) and I was a bit confused when the lead synth came in at 1:00. It sounded like it didn't fit, but when the bleeps started coming in around 1:20 it all made sense.

Good stuff.

yup, that's me! that was the first song i submitted to OCR (rejected, obviously), but I've always liked the title so it carried over when i made this. :lol:

i'll upload a zip of my old pre-ocr mixes soon. glad you enjoyed the mix, and thanks everyone else for all the comments as well! <3

edit: http://halc9bit.com/private/oldstuff.zip

Wow thanx I'll be looking forward to your future remixes, ofc chthonic as well best combination u too ;) Oh and can't wait for the sound of speed too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02171 - Donkey Kong Country 2 "The Forest That Never Sleeps"