Autotune Plugins

Well I've messed around with 3 different autotune plugins, all of which give slightly different effects and flavours. The first one is native in cubase based on a Yamaha plugin (which isn't free).

Gsnap is quite good:

http://www.gvst.co.uk/gsnap.htm

KeroVee is also interesting, although much less subtle!:

http://www.g200kg.com/en/software/kerovee.html

AUTO TUNE!!!!:banghead:

Don't make me come over there......

I'm no fan of autotune either but if Quincy J says it's just a tool. It's just a tool.

I have no idea if this would work or not the way I want it to. But I am looking to do some subtle pitch correction in background "noises" for an ambient piece I want to do.

Thanks for the links I'll check them out

The federal commission of T-Pain over-rules.

shawty!

Sonar has a great built in tool called "V-Vocal."

AutoTune can be set to overdrive and create the T-Pain effect, or you can use it appropriately which even has its uses on an excellent performance.

The V-Vocal tool is great because you can also fix timings and dynamics pretty intuitively.

Melodyne is one of the best Plugins of all "Auto-tune" Plugins i've tried so far. Antares tends to let the vocal-recordings sound like it adds a

vocoder-effect. Melodyne itselfes is pretty expensive and has not enough features in my opinion, but the quality of what you get after editing is just marvelous and sounds more natural.

• 3 weeks later...
oh crap, i've had v-vocal this whole time with Sonar 6 and never thought to see what it actually was. :)

sorry about the wasted thread space, i'm off to make up for lack of talent by using technology!

Is V-Vocal on Sonar 7 also or is it a differenct "autotune" plug in? I just ordered SONAR 7 online (I've been using SONAR 4 for practically the past decade) and I'd like to know if I can say shawty too.

Is V-Vocal on Sonar 7 also or is it a differenct "autotune" plug in? I just ordered SONAR 7 online (I've been using SONAR 4 for practically the past decade) and I'd like to know if I can say shawty too.

Depends on what version you bought. V-vocal as far as I know only comes with the producer editions of the software.

To use V-vocal highlight what audio you want to autotune then go up to edit and click create v-vocal track.

Also, I couldn't get it to work towards the end I had intended. Maybe next time i'll try to autotune the unique sounds of smacking a cat with a bucket of snails and fit that into a piece.

• 3 weeks later...

Also, I couldn't get it to work towards the end I had intended. Maybe next time i'll try to autotune the unique sounds of smacking a cat with a bucket of snails and fit that into a piece.

:lmassoff:

yeah, I received SONAR x1 (producer) in the mail this week and V-vocal is definitely withiin it.

autotuning unique sounds should be fun, but when it comes to vocals I will say that I'm probably on the Autotune-Hater side. Wow, it's extremely annoying and tedious to edit the audio into "perfect pitch" and it's not as simple as just clicking a "T-Pain button" so I have to say that I prefer Vocoders, Talkboxes, and putting extra effort into singing in tune. :<

Yea gives you new respect for all of those uncredited people who worked hard and put in long hours to keep Ozzy in the music biz for so long. :<

oh yeah. Autotune sounds cool for some things, but I'm just going to wait until it becomes more flexible in the next few years.

Did you manage to get an Autotune plugin that worked for you anyways?

No, I have a collection of background noises that I wanted to try to force to jive together to go along with a piece I had an idea for. Didn't work since its all polyphonic which led to some really wonky sounds. Not what I was going for.

My only other option is to recreate everything around a tonal center which will take forever. I'm sure that I will be working on this for a long time. If I ever get started that is.

Screw Autotune.

No, I have a collection of background noises that I wanted to try to force to jive together to go along with a piece I had an idea for. Didn't work since its all polyphonic which led to some really wonky sounds. Not what I was going for.

My only other option is to recreate everything around a tonal center which will take forever. I'm sure that I will be working on this for a long time. If I ever get started that is.

Screw Autotune.

Melodyne Editor can do polyphonic stuff, assuming the original sounds are pitched. It's a few hundred bucks, though.